Thinkware f800 continuous recording even when the car is off, will not go into park mode, but stays in continuous mode without even a hickup.

betamaxman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Connected to any always on fuse I can find (tried a few) and connected to accessory, same as I had it on my nissan sentra, now to 2019 camry se. If I have the yellow wire marked battery plugged into an always on fuse and I have the red 'acc' wire into a fuse that is dead when the car is off, the cam is in continuous mode with the car on or off. If I pull the yellow tap from the always on fuse with only the 'acc' red wire plugged into the acc fuse it at least now only goes into continuous mode when the car is on and shuts off when the car is shut off. Got me stumped, any ideas? Worked fine in my sentra a month ago configured this way, just got around to installing it in my camry tonight, to find it behaving this way. Does it mater if it is in an acc fuse or ignition fuse spot?

Thanks.
Anyways figured it out. When I got the car I searched for info on the camrys panels and kick plates removal. They were pretty much the came as my sentra, however with the exception of a plastic nut holding on the kick panel to the firewall. Anyway on doing the search I cam upon a post on the toyota forums on installing a thinkware on a 2019 camry and one of the posters had a photo of the fuse box with his connections but had labeled them wrong with the acc being labeled the always on and the always on being labeled where the acc fuse was. I originally thought the fuse socket on mine was dead and not live for some reason, it was unused as it was on the posters photo, and went and found another unused socket that was always on. Not realizing that the acc wire was plugged into the always on and now both lines were. Anyway my bad for thinking I had an easy and quick installation and being lazy. Wasn't till I decided to test further and realized the mistake that I simply tested the sockets as I should of in the first place that I realized the error. All is well now. Oddly though there doesn't seem to be an airbag in my cars pillar just what looks like a nylon braided strap, anyway the dash cam cables are tucked behind it or anything else in the pillar and should not hamper the air bags deployment should I ever be unlucky enough to need it.
Thanks again for the response.

Back