Thinkware F800 not turning on

jcpg

Reaction score
I had my non pro dual channel rigged up to a cell link Neo for nearly 2 years strong now. The other day it kept beeping as if it never went into continuous mode so I figured hey I’ll hit the power button to cycle the thing. Now it never turns on! I can still connect to the cell link via Bluetooth which is charged at 100%. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the cigarette lighter cable, if so have you tried plugging the camera into the cigarette lighter to take the Cell Link out of the picture?

Use the cigar cable that came with the Thinkware and see if the unit powers on properly. If it does not, remove the memory card and power on the camera. Use a paper clip and press the RESET button on the F800 and see if it powers on.

Sometimes you just have to press the reset button to get everything to work properly again.

Good luck.

I have been having similar problems with my f800 dashcam.
It powered off and on randomly. Sent it back and they replaced the power cord. Worked fine for a while, now worse than ever with same power issues. Thinkware’s suggested solution is to pruchase another power cable from them... So spend another $30 for a hope that cable number 3 will solve the issue???

I have tried to fix by removing the SD card. Then tried “resetting” the camera. Nothing seems to correct the problem.

1) What others suggested - does the dash cam turn on when just using the 12V adapter into the vehicle's 12V socket?
2) See picture below
1565719390750.png

I have been having similar problems with my f800 dashcam.
It powered off and on randomly. Sent it back and they replaced the power cord. Worked fine for a while, now worse than ever with same power issues. Thinkware’s suggested solution is to pruchase another power cable from them... So spend another $30 for a hope that cable number 3 will solve the issue???

I have tried to fix by removing the SD card. Then tried “resetting” the camera. Nothing seems to correct the problem.

Similar problems as in your dash cam sometimes doesn't power on and/or restarts?

The 12 V car adapter is the only thing I have to power my camera. My camera hasn't powered up for a couple weeks now. So it's gone from randomly powering on/off to not powering on at all anymore. Your check the fuse picture is the same response I get from Thinkware. That is then followed by "purchase another power cord from us" I am already on my second power cord for this camera.

Sounds like a problem with the actual dash cam. What microSD card are you using?

Have you tried a firmware reflash yet? Could help.

I managed to get my firmware updated over a month ago. The camera actually stayed on long enough for me to do that. Currently it hasn't powered on for over 2 weeks so there isn't much that I can do with it that requires it to have power.

On a much lighter note, I just got a very helpful Customer Service agent from Thinkware. They are actually going to replace the camera (Finally). The last customer service agent refused to help me at all, so today is a good day!!

Back