Thinkware f800 pro battery drain on bmw f30

chunky98

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys new here looking some advice please. I purchased the thinkware f800 pro to install on my 2018 f30 330d. Its installed to my cigarette lighter socket. I want to use the parking mode. Can it be installed to a live in fusebox or will i have to buy a ceelink battery or will it be ok to the fusebox without causing battery drain problems?

Thanks guys,

Rick

You will need the proper Hard wire cable for the Thinkware as you can't modify the Cigarette cable to work. I would then recommend an iVolt battery pack as a vast majority of BMW's (we don't have a listing of models) seem to have the Battery Management System which may well flag up a Battery Drain on the Dash although you wouldn't actually get a flat battery as the camera still will shut down when the Set Voltage level is reached. If the vehicle was left for several days without being used you could find the Keyless Entry, Folding Mirrors & Auto Boot Lid (if fitted) may stop working until you start the Engine.

An iVolt should avoid the above issues and also help the Stop/Start work quicker as it doesn't have to replenish the vehicle battery first.

You will need the proper Hard wire cable for the Thinkware as you can't modify the Cigarette cable to work. I would then recommend an iVolt battery pack as a vast majority of BMW's (we don't have a listing of models) seem to have the Battery Management System which may well flag up a Battery Drain on the Dash although you wouldn't actually get a flat battery as the camera still will shut down when the Set Voltage level is reached. If the vehicle was left for several days without being used you could find the Keyless Entry, Folding Mirrors & Auto Boot Lid (if fitted) may stop working until you start the Engine.

An iVolt should avoid the above issues and also help the Stop/Start work quicker as it doesn't have to replenish the vehicle battery first.
Thanks very much for your help. I do have the proper cable for it. Cheers!

Back