Thinkware F800 Pro + Cellink Neo 6 Connections.

CiderCid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple months ago, I installed a Thinkware F800 Pro only to discover it will not record in parking mode.
After some research, I learnt that the Dashcam needed to be connected directly to a live source. This isn't possible with my car without drilling through the metal bulkhead and running a feed direct from the battery, so plumped for a Cellink Neo 6 to feed the cam.
Now I need to be able to connect the dashcam to the Cellink.
There are spliced leads available for around £50, but being frugal, object to paying that much for what in effect is just a Molex Micro connector on the end of what came supplied with the dash cam.
Does anybody know what wires go to which connector on the Molex male side?
The Thinkware F800 Pro has three wires, Black is Earth/Ground, Red to ACC and Yellow to constant Live (Battery).
Any help would be much appreciated.

CiderCid

Last edited:
Hey I'm having the exact same issue, did you manage to find a fix and can you advise where to buy the micro molex connector needed to wire it up?

20210307-144310-resized.jpg

20210307-144321.jpg

Black - GND
Red - ACC / switched power (deactivate parking mode)
Yellow - Battery / Power bank

First connection with the camera must be with ACC ON - because normally thinkware will not start up with 12V BATT, at the first time, once when camera boot up with ACC - ON (+12V) , you can switch ACC OFF/ engine off and camera will activate parking mode after around 15sec.

Please note that the parking mode via Thinkware APP must be activated (default settings is OFF).

Connector with the Cellink is:

Molex MX3 4P "Male" (Molex Micro-Fit 3.0 mm) 43645 Series

you can buy it here:

That's brilliant thankyou very much for your reply, so I could splice the hardwire cable supplied with the thinkware and attach the molex straight to it? You wouldn't happen to have any I could buy from you through PayPal or know somewhere with quicker delivery as Ali express says about 20-40 days delivery.

Many thanks

Josh

That Molex connector would likely be quickly available in the US from Mouser or DigiKey, our largest electronic parts suppliers here. Perhaps there's a similar company in the UK. Remember the pins are often sold separately for Molex connectors ;) Also worth a look on your local Amazon and Ebay.

Sadly, the USA's last "brick-and-mortar" electronics supply retail chain store "Fry's" has just closed down as of last week. They had stores in 9 states mostly out west. Possibly an independent retailer or two in the biggest cities but the rest of us will now have to order everything :cry:

Phil

That's brilliant thankyou very much for your reply, so I could splice the hardwire cable supplied with the thinkware and attach the molex straight to it? You wouldn't happen to have any I could buy from you through PayPal or know somewhere with quicker delivery as Ali express says about 20-40 days delivery.

Many thanks

Josh
4 pin molex on ebay
Although this picture is a 2 way the part number and description is a 4 pin, you can reference it on molex’s website. 43645-0400, they also list a 0408 and 0410, someone wiser than me might be able to determine what the difference is.
Molex

Yeah there are some slightly different versions that differ slightly in ways that don't really matter for us I think (eg. meeting certain specs)

I got mine from farnell in the UK, see my post here:

That's great it did throw me off on ebay as I was looking for the image but yeah I see the description is spot on for what we need. So can I just connect that to 12v cable supplied with the cellink neo 6. As in snip off the socket and reattach the molex?

That's great it did throw me off on ebay as I was looking for the image but yeah I see the description is spot on for what we need. So can I just connect that to 12v cable supplied with the cellink neo 6. As in snip off the socket and reattach the molex?
Not sure where you are with this now, but I purchased from this site and only took a couple days for delivery.
You will need to buy Molex plus the actual metal connectors male to connect to the Neo 6. I also created a Molex connection (male & female), to make it easy to remove the Neo 6 from my glovebox as the feed runs through a manufactured hole at the back of mine.

Back