Thinkware (F800 Pro) vs Blackvue (DR750S)

Mr-Lex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have owned Thinkware F700 before and can’t fault that machine.

Now getting a new vehicle and thinking which to go for now? I would want cloud feature with best parking mode.

Any advice?

If you want real cloud functionality, go with the DR750S.

Thanks for that. Seems Blackvue is the best option so far.

On my previous Thinkware I had an external battery pack Cellink - in order to run Blackvue and for park mode I would definitely require an external battery pack? Would a Cellink battery do or better to get Blackvue version?

You could either use a battery pack or a power magic pro (a hardwiring kit that has a voltage cut-off and a timer built in).

The Cellink should work just fine though.

Installed a Thinkware F800 https://10carbest.com/best-dash-camera (on sale for $229 at BBY) with hard wire kit and rear cam. Was a relative breeze given the info on this site, especially w/r/t fuse locations. Figured I'd try it out before sinking money into a Cellink Neo. So far, so good. Stock battery is enough to handle overnight parking mode. I commute 5 days a week with occasional, though infrequent, no-drive weekends. My last car was hit+run twice within a year or so decided this was decent insurance given the potential $ saved on a deductible. Note: the only downsides so far are: 1) you cannot set a parking only mode. I really don't care to continuously record all driving and was disappointed there is no way to set parking only. 2) in parking mode you have to set either MOTION CAPTURE or TIME LAPSE. I wish there was an incident (g shock) only mode. I live in an apartment with a relatively busy parking lot and motion capture just picks up everything. 3) I wish there were ways to better edit the audio feedback settings. I don't want to hear "wifi on" and "gps on" each time, but do like hearing how many parking incidents were recorded. Overall, the Thinkware software + hardware is only about a 7/10. Tons of room for improvement. It's a niche market though, so they can get away with 'good enough' and still be considered the best.

Last edited:
Back