Thinkware Hardwire kit for 2016 Mustang

• Thread starter Deleted member 56879
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56879

Hi everyone, I have an F800 Pro and the Thinkware Hardwire kit and have some questions. I contacted BBMC tech and I stumped them, thus I thought I'd turn to here.
I did an install on a 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium. I used the Thinkware Hard Wire Kit which states:

Black = Ground
Yellow = Ignition or ACC (power when car is on)
Red = Batt (when car is off)

Working in the fuse box, I tested all of my internal panel, interestingly to find that most of the fuses light up with the tester. The two I settled on was Fuse #2 & #36.

#2 = Power Mirror Memory Module ---> This light up with the tester
#36 = Aux Body Module ----> This did NOT light up with the tester.

Given this information, using the ThinkWare Wiring Kit according to the label on their wires, which is OPPOSITE of BBMC 3 wire kit, I fuse tapped as follows:

Yellow (ignition/pwr when car is running) ---> Tapped #36 auxiliary Body Module. This fuse did not light up upon testing.
Red (Battery/Constant) ---> Tapped #2 Power Mirror Memory Module. This fuse DID light up upon testing.

I started the car, and the camera fired right up. "Continuous Mode now recording" "GPS now enabled"... Great!!! I shut the car off and all I heard was a beep and the lights on the camera went out. I called BBMC and they said, that the single beep means it's not going into Parking Mode, especially if you're not hearing the prompt "Entering Parking Mode". They suggested I swap fuse taps (obviously swapping the respective fuses with the taps).

I now have it tapped this way:

Yellow (Ignition/PWR when car is running) ----> Tapped into #2 Power Mirror Module
Red (labeled as Battery/Constant) ----> Tapped into #36 Aux Body Module.

I power on the car, and the camera comes on... "Entering Continuous Recording Mode (or whatever she says)….. GPS now connected (or whatever she says)"....
I shut the car off and.... "Now entering Parking Mode"..

So all is good right???? So why did I have to connect the cables OPPOSITE of what ThinkWare has them labeled as in order for this to work??? Anyone else out here wire up a 2016 Mustang... I can't be the only one... :)

Update: BBMC confirmed that I have this wired correctly and it's operating normally. I also got a phone call from ThinkWare and they stated the same thing BBMC stated. Don't go by the color of the wire rather the label, to which I stated, "I did..." I was looking at the small black plastic cap which has "CONT" on it. This is where I was corrected. ThinkWare stated, we label the cables towards the termination points on a little wrapped piece of tape... It's not always what the wire color is, or what the cap says... DOH! I'll be honest, I didn't look for any labels... They should put a big flag of tape sticking off the wires... LOL.

Ok, so I'm all set, and huge thanks to this forum, even though I'm a newb, I can tell this is a great forum already. Very helpful folks out here! :)

I have a 2017 Mustang, I used fuses 2 and 23. Good know 36 works too. My TW wires were mislabeled, too.

Back