Thinkware hardwire kit

Superdon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of buying an F50 with hardwire kit.

With most other cams i have looked at, they come with a kit that has two wires. One earth and one live which you can either connect to permanent live or ignition live.

I had planned initially to just wire up to ignition live and not use parking mode.

If i get the F50 do i have to wire in both the live connections or can i just wire the one?

Oh and how long is the cable?

I am thinking of buying an F50 with hardwire kit.

With most other cams i have looked at, they come with a kit that has two wires. One earth and one live which you can either connect to permanent live or ignition live.

I had planned initially to just wire up to ignition live and not use parking mode.

If i get the F50 do i have to wire in both the live connections or can i just wire the one?

Oh and how long is the cable?

You need to use all 3-wires: BAT ( constant 12V live ), ACC ( ignition ./ switched fuse ), GRND ( earth / car body )

You can enable / disable Parking mode from menu settings. Check out User Manual page 20.

Ok. So it wouldnt power up with only ACC and GRND connected?

I see you can turn off parking and set voltage limits. But i am not sure i could trust it :)

Ok. So it wouldnt power up with only ACC and GRND connected?

I see you can turn off parking and set voltage limits. But i am not sure i could trust it :)

After you disable parking mode, then voltage- and time cut-off related settings will be also disabled. Dashcam will only be powering on/off while ignition is on/off.

Thank you. Best just trust it then!

help, where do I find the F50 raw files please!!!

Sorry we don't we are only allowed to sell to the UK or we violate our agreement with Thinkware.
How do you set the parking mode with a hard wire on the F50 through the software ? i.e. battery drop and timer

You need to put the memory card into your PC and then you can adjust that via the settings menu on the Viewer program options. 12v/24v voltage adjustment and timer options.

Great does it draw much power, i.e. continual recording or motion sensing or time lapse?

I don't know whether to go for this F50, X550,F770, the X550 looks a bit unstealthy?

Great does it draw much power, i.e. continual recording or motion sensing or time lapse?
F50 Normal recording mode it's sitting around this 0.123 amp

Attachments

• DSC_0095.JPG
    DSC_0095.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 5
Parking mode (No time lapse on F50 model) is sitting around 0.106 amp

Attachments

• DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0097.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 4
Back