Thinkware Hardwiring Cables Changed

Maddog1974

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U3000 2ch, T700 Front & Internal IR
Just a heads up that the Permanent Supply wire is now YELLOW and the Ignition supply wire is now RED. They have swapped. Stock at the moment is a bit mixed so please check the labels on each wire before fitting.

I have heard this is happening with Blackvue too.....

I agree, I'm not so sure that it has changed, it is more like that they have always had hardwire kits in both configurations and it is pot luck which one you get. The rule has to be ignore the colours and look at the labels, or better still test before installing (anyone who doesn't have either a spare 12V battery or a jump-starter with a battery in it should consider getting one as they pay for themselves when the car won't start one morning).

Just a heads up that the Permanent Supply wire is now YELLOW and the Ignition supply wire is now RED. They have swapped. Stock at the moment is a bit mixed so please check the labels on each wire before fitting.

I have heard this is happening with Blackvue too.....

Thanks! The kit i received from Amazon yesterday has this mislabeling issue. (THINKWARE TWA-SH Hardwiring Cable)

Be careful, I'm not sure that there is any mislabelling. It simply seems that there are two different cables available, and the labels are correct - ignore the wire colour.

Snipped from an older post; should end any doubt about where to land a wire, regardless of colour...

To determine or verify the function of the two colored leads, connect the black wire to ground and then connect both colored wires to +12v. The unit should power-up into continuous recording mode. It will not enter parking mode until it is enabled in the camera settings, but you can identify the lead function by lifting one at a time while the camera is in continuous mode and observing the response. If you lift a wire and the camera shuts-down quickly (~5 sec.) then you have lifted the wire that should connect to persistent power. If you lift a wire and the camera continues to run for a longer period (~30 sec.) then the wire belongs to switched power.

Hello,

It seems my question is answered clearly above, but I want to make sure because I've read a lot of posts where people are going back and forth:

I purchased the following cable new on amazon:
TWA-SH
Model Name: PA8-3M

The red wire shows ACC
The yellow wire show Battery

Please advise if this is incorrectly mislabeled. Or if it is labeled correctly as the posts above seem to indicate.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2148.JPG
    IMG_2148.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 35
Yes that's correct. Yellow Permanent Power & Red Ignition Power ;)

Back