Thinkware iVolt BAB-50

chas.s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware Q800 Pro + rear camera & iVolt
Hi,
I have recently had a Thinkware Q800 Pro & Ivolt BAB-50 fitted to my car. I was wondering if there was any way, such as an app or other, to check the battery charge state of the iVolt please?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Chas.

There usually is a APP for the power packs, normally work using Bluetooth, so you could try and turn that on in your phone ans see if there are anything that look familiar there.
But i am not familiar with these, so ill tag in @Thinkware Dash Cam

Thinkware claims the ivolt can be fully recharged in 45 mins. If your daily commute is longer than that, you should have no problem getting all day parking coverage. If not, you may have a problem.

Thank you for your replies Wiz & kamkar, it will be interesting to see if Thinkware reply.

Hi,
I have recently had a Thinkware Q800 Pro & Ivolt BAB-50 fitted to my car. I was wondering if there was any way, such as an app or other, to check the battery charge state of the iVolt please?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Chas.
The iVolt Mini is fully re-charged in 45 mins if it is hardwired. If you are using the 12 volt adaptor than it will be fully re-charged in 60 mins. If your iVolt Mini is hardwired just make sure the dip switch on the battery is set to "high". This will allow for 7amp charging.

There is no app for the iVolt Mini, however there are two status LEDS on the device. One for will illuminate when the battery is charging and one will illuminate when the battery is fully charged.

Thank you for that reply. I had it professionally fitted, so it is hardwired. I’m sure they selected the ‘high’ setting for the charging. Unfortunately they fitted it under the carpet in the passengers footwell, so I’m unable to see any of the lights.

Thank you for that reply. I had it professionally fitted, so it is hardwired. I’m sure they selected the ‘high’ setting for the charging. Unfortunately they fitted it under the carpet in the passengers footwell, so I’m unable to see any of the lights.
As long as your commute is 30 mins or longer you shouldn't have any issues. :)

In parking mode iVolt is using also the car battery (like Blackvue Power Magic) or only its batteries (like Cellink)?

Back