Thinkware Mobile App not connecting and "working" dial just keeps spinning until failure

Chris Breaux

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased the F800 yesterday. I got it installed and working generally meaning I can pull the SD card and view the video on the computer. I cannot get the ThinkWare Mobile App to work on my Samsung. I have spent hours on this.
Issue: The app will connect to wifi and it understands that the F800 is around. All I get is a spinning thinking dial obviously not connecting fully. It eventually says that it was unable to get the connection in the app and the F800 states that it has disconnected from wifi.

Troubleshooting: I downloaded the latest mobile app from Google Play.
I also reformatted the SD card through the F800 unit and upgraded the firmware. No luck.
I downloaded ThinkWare Cloud and it seems to work fine, but it is not the same as the F800 app.
I have searched through your support answers and read through the F800 full manual to no avail.
I searched forums and found that others have had the same issue, but nothing has worked. I’m at a point where I think I need ThinkWare’s or you guys' assistance to get it working properly.

I’m pretty frustrated, but want to get the app working instead of taking the unit back to the store.

You need to use the Thinkware Cloud app.
It's their new app. If you're trying to use Thinkware's app called "Dashcam Viewer", you're gonna run into issues.

THINKWARE CLOUD (Thinkware Dash Cam mobile viewer) is designed to run ideal for F800 / F800 Pro / F200 / FA200. The functions and usability may differ by the model.

No problem, Chris!

Back