Thinkware Q800 Pro Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, haven't posted a review of mine in awhile but this one was a pretty big one.

I will let my video do most of the speaking but if you know of the F800 Pro you pretty much know all there is about this cam the Q800 Pro. Basically the only difference is it has 1440p up front instead of 1080p. It's not quite the leap some may want as blackvue has had the DR900S series with 4k for awhile (but that has its own cons such as dark night quality, and overheating on hot summer days) but thinkware has a 4k model coming too.

My pros and cons are pretty much the same as the F800 Pro.
I like that there is a power button so I can shut it off at home and not worry about forgetting to plug it back in or switching it back on. I like that it has the low voltage and timer functionality built in as opposed to a separate unit like the power magic pro from blackvue. I like that they offer both time lapse and low power mode for people who don't want to use the power sucking/memory card filling standard motion detection parking mode (it works fine but in high traffic areas it will basically run non stop). And I really like that you can buy just the front camera, and upgrade with a rear camera later, where blackvue makes you buy either a 1 channel or 2 channel version.

Major con is thinkware is still very behind blackvue on cloud features, this is the same cloud feature that the F800 Pro has. There are no more features added to what the F800 could already do. I hope within the year thinkware can add a parking mode cloud feature.

Video quality is such a minor difference I don't think most people would notice the difference between the F800 or Q800 Pro when trying to read license plates. Not really worth upgrading if you already have the F800 Pro. If you want to stick with thinkware and want to upgrade I would wait to see how their 4k model turns out.

Watch the full review below:

Back