Thinkware Q800 Pro with Cellink neo 6: Wiring and parking mode problems.

sierramike

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi All,

i have purchased a Thinkware Q800 pro with a Cellink no 6 battery to install in my car.

As i'm using the cellink neo 6 i connected a wiring with a piggy back fuse holder to the cigarette fuse (20amp) and with a ground screw was you can see in the picture.
Them connected the camera with the 3 wire kit on the celling neo 6.

1st problem : i turn the car on and i never get to charge the cellink neo 6... but if i use the cigarette socket in the cellink neo 6 she starts charging...

2nd problem i'm not able to get parking recording to start when i switch off the car, i have altered all the options to enable the parking mode but it never switches to parking mode.. it keeps in continuous recording mode

my question :

When charging the cellink neo 6 in the ciarrette socket should the thinkware commuted to parking mode? and what am i doing wrong wiring the fuses with the Cellink neo 6?

thanks

1st problem: Your best bet is to confirm that the fuse is powered when the car is started. You can buy a 12V test light to confirm that.

2nd problem: Double check the parking cable wiring connections. The +ACC and +12V connection between the cellink and the Thinkware parking cable might be reversed. If I remember correctly the +12V = constant 12V power and +ACC = power only when car is turned on.

Good luck, and congrats on your purchase. If possible, can you post some videos and comment on the quality of recording? Thanks.

1st problem: Your best bet is to confirm that the fuse is powered when the car is started. You can buy a 12V test light to confirm that.

2nd problem: Double check the parking cable wiring connections. The +ACC and +12V connection between the cellink and the Thinkware parking cable might be reversed. If I remember correctly the +12V = constant 12V power and +ACC = power only when car is turned on.

Good luck, and congrats on your purchase. If possible, can you post some videos and comment on the quality of recording? Thanks.

Hi,

2nd problem: i have recheck and tested swapping the red and yellow cable from the Cellink neo 6 and the Thinkware and it does not commuted to parking mode.

I have tested the Thinkware in other car with the hard wiring directly in the fuse box without the Cellink Neo 6 and it commuted the parking mode - meaning that the camera configs are correct.

Last edited:
Hm...this should be an issue with swapped wire connections between the dash cam and battery pack.

Which hardwire kit do you have for the dash cam? If you have the Thinkware hardwire kit, the yellow is B+, red is ACC and black is ground. The connection to the output cable of the Neo then would be yellow to yellow, red to red and black to black.

If you've swapped the wiring around and the dash cam still doesn't enter parking mode, then there may be something wrong with the battery pack in that it's not sensing ACC power.

Hm...this should be an issue with swapped wire connections between the dash cam and battery pack.

Which hardwire kit do you have for the dash cam? If you have the Thinkware hardwire kit, the yellow is B+, red is ACC and black is ground. The connection to the output cable of the Neo then would be yellow to yellow, red to red and black to black.

If you've swapped the wiring around and the dash cam still doesn't enter parking mode, then there may be something wrong with the battery pack in that it's not sensing ACC power.

Hi

Yes i think its the battery that is not sensing when the car ignition is cut off ...

Hi

Yes i think its the battery that is not sensing when the car ignition is cut off ...

Yup, sounds like an issue with the battery if the wiring isn't working, no matter the color coordination.

To avoid a situation like this, I’m afraid I deemed my newly purchased Thinkware F800 Pro twin channel system + Cellink Neo 6 (with all hardwire kits included), too sophisticated for me to engage in DIY-ing into place, in my car.

I ‘cowardly’ admitted defeat and employed a professional company to install it.
Yes, it cost me almost the metaphorical arm or leg, and I recall even the professionals were studying schematics of my vehicle on the Internet when I arrived to hand over my car and keys.....

But they did a great job, and it all works exactly as its supposed to, without any malfunctions.

The continuous peace of mind was worth every penny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

To avoid a situation like this, I’m afraid I deemed my newly purchased Thinkware F800 Pro twin channel system + Cellink Neo 6 (with all hardwire kits included), too sophisticated for me to engage in DIY-ing into place, in my car.

I ‘cowardly’ admitted defeat and employed a professional company to install it.
Yes, it cost me almost the metaphorical arm or leg, and I recall even the professionals were studying schematics of my vehicle on the Internet when I arrived to hand over my car and keys.....

But they did a great job, and it all works exactly as its supposed to, without any malfunctions.

The continuous peace of mind was worth every penny.

May I ask how much it cost you to have installed?

May I ask how much it cost you to have installed?

It cost me about £160 installation costs. I could have probably got it done cheaper if I’d had the time and patience to shop around.....but time was of the essence and my vehicle had suddenly achieved the status of “Gold Mine on Wheels”.......we’re talking catalytic converter theft.

So, I paid my monies in desperation and now sleep very soundly at night [emoji18][emoji106]

It cost me about £160 installation costs. I could have probably got it done cheaper if I’d had the time and patience to shop around.....but time was of the essence and my vehicle had suddenly achieved the status of “Gold Mine on Wheels”.......we’re talking catalytic converter theft.

So, I paid my monies in desperation and now sleep very soundly at night [emoji18][emoji106]

I'm now at the end of my tether. I've got a 68 plate Mercedes and I want the peace of mind you're referring to. I've been back twice to the place in Manchester who hardwired my Q800 Pro as parking mode was cutting off after a certain length of time. Finally, it's recording all night. The problem I have now is my Mercedes Me phone app tells me the starter battery is partly charged. Worrying. It's only been connected, engine off, for about 6 hours. The people I used to hard wire it didn't seem to know exactly what they were doing.

Who did you use to sort out your installation?

I'm now at the end of my tether. I've got a 68 plate Mercedes and I want the peace of mind you're referring to. I've been back twice to the place in Manchester who hardwired my Q800 Pro as parking mode was cutting off after a certain length of time. Finally, it's recording all night. The problem I have now is my Mercedes Me phone app tells me the starter battery is partly charged. Worrying. It's only been connected, engine off, for about 6 hours.
if you want it to work without the car having issues you'll need a Cellink Neo or similar

if you want it to work without the car having issues you'll need a Cellink Neo or similar
I’m happy to pay whatever it costs for one of those external batteries of it sorts everything out. My concern is the wiring situation. It’s not just a simple plug and play thing is it? Also, what will happen to my current wiring setup if I get an external power supply - will I just end up with more stress trying to sort out potential problems caused by the incompetence of the people who hardwired it?

your camera gets wired to the Neo, the Neo is only powered when the car is running, the computer doesn't like unexpected power draw when the car is off and will assume your car has an issue, late model Merc, BMW, Porsche (among others) have this issue, if you want parking mode it's the way to go

your camera gets wired to the Neo, the Neo is only powered when the car is running, the computer doesn't like unexpected power draw when the car is off and will assume your car has an issue, late model Merc, BMW, Porsche (among others) have this issue, if you want parking mode it's the way to go
It needs to be done by an auto electrician though?

depends on your DIY skills, not difficult, Neo can be powered by cig lighter if you don't want to hardwire
I presume I’ll need to undo what they did hardwiring it on three different occasions by three different people?

it won't undo itself
So I’ll need to go through it all again. Is there a reliable auto electrician service in the UK? Honestly I’m really pessimistic about it, having really struggled to find anyone in Manchester who has any sort of clue about my dash cam and my specific car. I’m thinking I might just bite the bullet and take it to Mercedes. The stress of it is consuming my life!

Mercedes is the last place I'd take it, I wouldn't use an auto electrician either, find yourself a good car audio shop that does dashcams, they're better equipped to do what you need

better still ask @Maddog1974 who he would recommend you take it to to get it sorted our properly

I'm now at the end of my tether. I've got a 68 plate Mercedes and I want the peace of mind you're referring to. I've been back twice to the place in Manchester who hardwired my Q800 Pro as parking mode was cutting off after a certain length of time. Finally, it's recording all night. The problem I have now is my Mercedes Me phone app tells me the starter battery is partly charged. Worrying. It's only been connected, engine off, for about 6 hours. The people I used to hard wire it didn't seem to know exactly what they were doing.

Who did you use to sort out your installation?

I used an auto installer in Harrow, London. I picked them out of a couple of choices after a search online.

They did a sterling job, as NOTHING has gone wrong or malfunctioned since their installation about 6 months ago.

The whole system has functioned perfectly, and I couldn’t be happier. The job was difficult for them, as they installed in a 2008 Toyota Prius - an unconventional vehicle if there was one, but they got it spot on!

I’ll see if I can dig out their details and post them here [emoji4][emoji106]

Gimme a moment.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back