Thinkware Q800 pro

saholan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need some advice, I bought a thinkware Q800 Pro, I installed in my Honda civic 2007, it does record good image but none of the safety future like speed camera and traffic light working, I updated the firmware, I also put latest speed camera in drive info folder in sd car I tried to align the lenz with front bonnet but noway the dashcam will be able to see the font edge bonnet, also tried 128 gb SanDisk Pro it always ask for format wheb the car tuns, I registered my products with loud just can't work it out, with speed camera and traffic light, I tried to mount the dashcam as high as possible but still won't able to see the front bonnet edge, any advice thanks the image I sent from yesterday but put dash cam as high as I could but still no chance for safety camera to work

Attachments

• IMG_20190429_195122.jpg
    IMG_20190429_195122.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 35
Did you follow the guidelines that's through the viewer on the smartphone app?

Can you include a screenshot of an actual video clip, so we can see how the dash cam is angled at? We typically recommend 60% road and 40% sky to populate the video.

Did you follow the guidelines that's through the viewer on the smartphone app?

Can you include a screenshot of an actual video clip, so we can see how the dash cam is angled at? We typically recommend 60% road and 40% sky to populate the video.

Attachments

• IMG_20190430_201957.jpg
    IMG_20190430_201957.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 20

Attachments

• IMG_20190430_193956.jpg
    IMG_20190430_193956.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 32
Position of the dash cam seems fine. For sure you've turned these features on in the settings?

Does your GPS function? It says "GPS connected"?

Position of the dash cam seems fine. For sure you've turned these features on in the settings?

Yes I enabled all future, GPS says connected, but still nothing tried to rotate the lenze and drive with different setup lenz up and down went 45 mile on 30 miles road, get close to car in front nothing really

If a firmware reflash doesn't work, which you originally said it didn't, your camera sounds defective, unfortunately.

Record fine but nothing else works I contacted the buyer on line but they are having show till Friday have to wait and send it back if it wasn't far I would have gone there myself but 3 and half hour drive down Essex thanks for reply

If a firmware reflash doesn't work, which you originally said it didn't, your camera sounds defective, unfortunately.
hi i just contacted the buyer they told me format the sc card frpm pc then put it back to dash cam, then it should restor all file , i did but restor all file part from one file missing he says i need another file called (BWTW) where can i download theat file, also when i connect the dash to smart phone it says allign green line with front of the bonnet whis is impossible as this model of honda ,front of the bonnet very low not visible by the lenz ,

Finally managed to sort it out, what I did
Set all Road Safety Settings to the highest sensitivity and the lowest speed option. As well ensure the Horizontal Line is slightly above the edge of the hood. Lastly , hit Initialize ADAS and disconnect from the Dash Cam view. Gone for a 20 minute drive so the Dash Cam can calibrate the ADAS alerts to dash cam's view. The alerts worked after this.

Same here here my u1000 ADAs functionally are not working... tap initialize but nothing happens

Back