Thinkware Q800PRO 2 channel comprehensive video review

Eloylb

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware Q800PRO 2 CH and Viofo A129 Duo
Hi all,
I have made a comprehensive video review, unboxing, configuring, installing, hardwiring, testing ADAS and Parking mode for the new Thinkware Q800PRO 2 channel dash cam.
Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and giving the video a thumbs up (y) while you are enjoying the review :)
If you have any questions let me know

Last edited:
I have owned the Thinkware Q800Pro for 2 months now and it is working great.
The quality of the videos is simply amazing. It takes 5 seconds to start recording. Only once it took about 30 seconds. I don't know why.

i moved from the f750& f770 to 2x Q800. (i have 2 dual cameras to create a 360° view)

the Q800 overheats at temps over 28c, something that never happened with the 750/770.

i'm currently trying to send them back to the seller. terrible product

I never got this problem with mine even with temperatures over 30 deg celcius

another user got a replacement and says it solved the problem, but i fail to see how that could be?
did they change something in the design recently?

I got it about 3 months ago and it was newly released. So they didn't have the time to change the design . I know that there were no firmware update since I got it. I checked 2 days ago. It is still on v1.01

As BOTH my cameras have the same issues i decided to return them to amazon, they confirmed a refund.
I am seriously disappointed with thinkware.
question now is; to which brand should i switch fo a reliable dual system?

I've experienced once with my Q800 Pro auto-shutdown itself when reach over 38c.

Back