Thinkware Q800's record timer question

liby

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Nice to meet you, everyone.
It's sad that Korean companies don't sell products to Korea, so I have to visit overseas forums and ask questions.

The question is simple.
I wonder if it is possible to disable the record timer setting of Thinkware Q800.

(F800, a similar product sold in Korea, cannot be disabled in the record timer setting.
Korea only sells F800. We don't sell F800 PRO and Q800)

maybe lost in translation but what is the function of 'record timer setting' ?

(Image is the screen of the F800 PRO.)

The F800 sold in Korea does not have 'Disabled' marked in red.
So I wonder if Q800 doesn't have 'Disabled'.

Attachments

• f800pro.png
    f800pro.png
    397.5 KB · Views: 4
사람들이 48 시간 이상 사용하는 것을 원하지 않는 것 같습니다.
In Korea, we install additional batteries and keep using the dashcam while parking.

Therefore, the 'disabled' function of the record timer is essential.

'Thinkware' lied to Koreans that both F800 PRO / Q800 did not have 'Disabled'.

But I checked that the F800 PRO / Q800 has 'Disable'.
Thank you anyway.

If you are going to record parking mode for a long time, a dashcam power pack are for sure a good thing to have.
Many people just seem to forget that recording a long time / using a lot of power, also mean you will have to drive a fair bit every 1 - 2 days to recharge your batteries.

I am not aware of any single dashcam power pack that alone will let you record for 3 days.
I just use 1 hour on the timer on my dashcam i use with parking mode, that cover all my shopping and at home i have CCTV on the car from my 2 floor apartment.
But CCTV are probably not a option many places in the more densely populated S Korea VS the small Danish town i live in.

Back