Thinkware T700 - 512gb SD Card

JonGolf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve been reading many threads on these forums which have been insightful (especially for the U1000 and using other SD cards).

just bought a Thinkware T700 (the remote view LTE camera - front and rear) and was wondering if anyone has one and if they have gone higher than a 128GB SD card. Has anyone got one with a card larger than 128gb?

Their costs are outrageous. I’ve read people have been messing with around the partition files in order for the U1000 to accept it. More than capable of going down this route but would be nice to see if anyone has tried any specific cards.

Yes I would like to know what sd cards other people are using to.,
But the u1000 was rubbish anyway kept on interfering with the windscreen sensors in my car so it Went back and I bought a q800 pro . That's been brilliant,

Yes I would like to know what sd cards other people are using to.,
But the u1000 was rubbish anyway kept on interfering with the windscreen sensors in my car so it Went back and I bought a q800 pro . That's been brilliant,
It could be the sensors on the VW/Audi vehicles and not the U1000. I have a newish 2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i with many accessories such as connected drive etc and never had a problem.

Their costs are outrageous. I’ve read people have been messing with around the partition files in order for the U1000 to accept it. More than capable of going down this route but would be nice to see if anyone has tried any specific cards.
I am using a 512gb Sandisk exteme micro sd card and fitted into into my U1000 and worked perfectly. See my other posts.

Yes I had a skoda superb.
Anyway the q800 has been brilliant,

It could be the sensors on the VW/Audi vehicles and not the U1000. I have a newish 2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i with many accessories such as connected drive etc and never had a problem.
Peter I think I saw you discuss this with another member on a U1000 post about the larger SD Cards. Problem is not many have the T700 so very difficult to get a range of data/experiences people have had with it.

I’m having it installed next Tuesday with the normal 32gb card included with it. If I don’t get any further information for others I may just take the plunge with either Samsung or Sandisk (looking at 512gb) and see how it is. I have a strong suspicion I’ll have to format the card and tinker with the partition sizes (32mb primary seemed to trick the U1000 into accepting it whereas the 4mb partition the card had as factory would give multiple card errors).

Peter I think I saw you discuss this with another member on a U1000 post about the larger SD Cards. Problem is not many have the T700 so very difficult to get a range of data/experiences people have had with it.

I’m having it installed next Tuesday with the normal 32gb card included with it. If I don’t get any further information for others I may just take the plunge with either Samsung or Sandisk (looking at 512gb) and see how it is. I have a strong suspicion I’ll have to format the card and tinker with the partition sizes (32mb primary seemed to trick the U1000 into accepting it whereas the 4mb partition the card had as factory would give multiple card errors).
Why do you need to tinker with partition sizes with a 512GB card?
I am using the following card:
I formatted it in windows and used it for a while. Worked perfectly. I then formatted it in the dashcam and got the same results.

Have a look at my post dated 30th April on the following kink:

Last edited:
Why do you need to tinker with partition sizes with a 512GB card?
I am using the following card:
I formatted it in windows and used it for a while. Worked perfectly. I then formatted it in the dashcam and got the same results.

Have a look at my post dated 30th April on the following kink:
Really helpful Peter. Did you use any specific formatting program fro windows 10? What format did you format it to (fat32, exfat, etc).
Formatting in the camera easy Peasy with just pressing the button but you did a format in windows first which must have played a part in making the U1000 accept it.

I formatted it in windows 10 first using fat32. Several days later I formatted in the dashcam.

What program did you use for the format process?
The Windows 10 default file manager application!
To be honest you do not need to do it that way. Being an ex-IT professional, I always do it out of my bad habit.
Too many people are overthinking this IMO because not everyone has a PC or laptop.
If you just put the micro sd card into the Dashcam and let it do it as it sees it, or press the record button and hold. It then tells you it is formating it. The last time I did it, I did it whilst on the move.

I’ve bought the Sandisk Extreme Pro 512GB. Should have it by the weekend and will report back on how it is on the T700

Ok. Got it today and simply removed the 32gb thinkware card and put it in the 512gb Sandisk extreme pro. It’s working in continuous and in parking mode (time lapse) and is showing as 486gb available on the app. Going to give it a few days and see how it goes but think it’s all ok. Thankfully not had to go down the technical route of formatting Peter but I was looking forward to that!

Ok. Got it today and simply removed the 32gb thinkware card and put it in the 512gb Sandisk extreme pro. It’s working in continuous and in parking mode (time lapse) and is showing as 486gb available on the app. Going to give it a few days and see how it goes but think it’s all ok. Thankfully not had to go down the technical route of formatting Peter but I was looking forward to that!
Quick update: overnight recording time lapse has been fine, incident parking went off once due to the heavy wind and continuous is working.

Quick update: overnight recording time lapse has been fine, incident parking went off once due to the heavy wind and continuous is working.

Hi,

How are you getting on with the 512gb memory card? Have you had any memory card error occurred messages since having it on the T700?

Ive got the T700, tried an Sandisk Ultra 256gb. It worked for a week then started saying memory card error occurred and was in a constant loop everytime i started the car. I also tried a 128gb max endurance by sandisk and had exactly the same experience.

Now ordered a genuine 128gb Thinkware card.

Hi,

How are you getting on with the 512gb memory card? Have you had any memory card error occurred messages since having it on the T700?

Ive got the T700, tried an Sandisk Ultra 256gb. It worked for a week then started saying memory card error occurred and was in a constant loop everytime i started the car. I also tried a 128gb max endurance by sandisk and had exactly the same experience.

Now ordered a genuine 128gb Thinkware card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C T700 0
Hyundai kona 2024 T700 16
Back