Thinkware U1000 4k / 2k Camera Reminder

Maddog1974

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U3000 2ch, T700 Front & Internal IR
Just a reminder that these units are in stock, i believe the option Radar sensor will be with us shortly too.

Any discount code on this site should work with it too (**cough*DCT18*cough**)

By any chance do you have footage of the front/rear camera?

I will try and post a few clips up later. It's just frustrating as my work PC won't play the clips so i have to use a Smart TV to preview them first, just a bit time consuming....

Best i can do for now, 2 folders (1 @ 4K 30FPS & 1 @ 2K 60FPS) just going round the block at work.

U1000-2K 60FPS

U1000-4K 30FPS

P.S. Footage needs to be downloaded to get the full quality file as i'm sure 'Onedrive' is reducing the quality.

Last edited:
Thanks for the videos!
Would there be an option to lower the quality of the footage? Thinking in terms of maximising the recording time during parking mode front and back.

Thinking in terms of maximising the recording time during parking mode front and back.
The parking mode options appear to include time lapse recording, which would extend the available recording time

Just the 2K or 4K option. It does have the timelapse parking recording option that is just 2fps this gives a good amount of parking recording. Motion detection as well along with the Energy Saving mode (records within 1 second of an impact)

Just the 2K or 4K option. It does have the timelapse parking recording option that is just 2fps this gives a good amount of parking recording. Motion detection as well along with the Energy Saving mode (records within 1 second of an impact)
So you could lower the front camera to 2k? With timelapse I assume it is only recording after the impact is detected so in case of any accidents during parking the camera wouldn't be able to catch the incident?

In the camera settings you choose if you want to record in 4k 30fps or 2k 60fps with the front camera. The rear camera is always 2k 30fps.

Time lapse records just 2 frames per second the whole time you are parked (until the battery voltage threshold is reached) if an impact is detected then it will create a 20 second clip (10 seconds before the impact and 10 seconds after the impact still in time lapse) so you should still see the incident happen. The only mode where you would def miss the actual incident is the Energy saving mode as that wakes up after an impact and within 1 second will be recording, so only the aftermath would be seen.

That is great. I got an external battery and looking for at least 9 hours of parking a day. As someone is usually park in front and behind me on a busy street trying to make sure if the U1000 would be suitable for me or I should go with the Q800pro or F800pro.

I use the iVolt Mini battery pack for parking mode and i get around 24hrs from my U1000 front and rear when using Timelapse recording. (When the iVolt is full)

Can someone post some pictures from those videos? I'm at work right now and the PC can't handle the files. Result is grey-ish mud.
Frames with roadsigns, license plates, trees are preferred. Thanks!

Best i can do for now, 2 folders (1 @ 4K 30FPS & 1 @ 2K 60FPS) just going round the block at work.

U1000-2K 60FPS

U1000-4K 30FPS

P.S. Footage needs to be downloaded to get the full quality file as i'm sure 'Onedrive' is reducing the quality.

that looks pretty good. can easily read plates when pausing.

Any chance of time lapse recording from the front or rear camera?

Thanks a lot Steve. Can I just verify, as I am quite new with time lapse, that if there is a parking recording incident, it will also be in time lapsed and no audio will be available?

Thanks a lot Steve. Can I just verify, as I am quite new with time lapse, that if there is a parking recording incident, it will also be in time lapsed and no audio will be available?
You're spot on (y)

the clock doesn't work during timelapse mode?

Yeah the clock is ticking by nicely at the bottom of the video Jokiin?! (Or am i missing your point?!)

Yeah the clock is ticking by nicely at the bottom of the video Jokiin?! (Or am i missing your point?!)
that's interesting, just tried Windows Media player and it works, VLC won't play the files correctly, the progress bar goes like it's playing but nothing actually happens, maybe something to do with the odd frame rate, not sure, might just be a VLC issue

Back