Thinkware U1000 and PC Viewer issue with No Rear Video or alternate window playing

jfinca

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All,

I just acquired a Thinkware U1000 dual channel and I have run into a problem with the dashcam desktop application PC Viewer.

Replaying video from the SD card, I am able to see the video clips in the main window but not smaller alternate viewing window (upper right). The GPS location map window window, so no problem there.

I have the Settings options "play front and rear" selected.

Also, when I do play a clip, the clips play sequentially front-rear-front-rear. It should play front-front-front... or rear-rear-rear... depending on which view I start with.

Has anyone run into this problem yet?

I've been using the U1000 for some time but i have never used the PC Viewer with it. I have just tried some U1000 footage and i agree it won't play both files together. I have emailed our Thinkware contacts for some advice and will let you know what they say unless they reply to this post directly....

I was watching a U1000 review on YT and the reviewers desktop app was showing the same “no video found” in the upper right. I left him a message asking about his experience and still waiting on a response but it appears that it is not only my situation/install.

I went ahead and paid $25 for Earthshine’s pc viewer and it is superior to TW in a few ways. Earthshines allow scroll zooming, simultaneous videos work, brightness and contrast features are present, slow/accelerated playback to name a few, which are totally absent from TW app.

You get what you pay for in this case.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard back from TW and that is the case that it only plays one stream from a U1000 due to the high resolution of the videos they found that most PC's would buffer & stutter playback of 2 videos simultaneously......

I have heard back from TW and that is the case that it only plays one stream from a U1000 due to the high resolution of the videos they found that most PC's would buffer & stutter playback of 2 videos simultaneously......
cue the people that will tell you 'their' hardware is capable, it's not good enough etc

I am waiting Jokiin!

I must admit my Work PC (which is very average) can't even play a single stream from the U1000 in VLC or Windows Media player at full speed. It seems to play them all about 50% speed which is annoying. I'm harassing for a new PC but i won't hold my breath lol...

I will have to convert something in post to H.265 as i don't have a camera that record in that format, but i am sure my computer can at least run 2 4K videos at the same time, probably 60 FPS ones too.
Will have to experiment.

Funny with the difference in IQ from 3 different players,,,,, VLC clearly coming out on top here.
BTW i can also produce ( H.265 encode ) the same video in my video software, at the same time i play the same file in 3 different players and while i also record the screen with the build in player in my Radeon software.
The output video are just 22 mbit as not much go on, the editing software was set to 120 mbit, but i couldn't find a way to make it constant bitrate.
And for good measure the video i work with are of my computer. :)

I am waiting Jokiin!

I must admit my Work PC (which is very average) can't even play a single stream from the U1000 in VLC or Windows Media player at full speed. It seems to play them all about 50% speed which is annoying. I'm harassing for a new PC but i won't hold my breath lol...

Vlc can't play it on my mac either .. by the quicktime player works just fine ...

Back