Thinkware U1000 microSD Card

maldahleh

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000
I want to upgrade from the default microSD card that comes with the dashcam, does anyone have a reliable brand they use that has no problems recording the front at 4K and rear at 2K? I want to get a 128 GB card and while price isn't really a factor, I'm trying to avoid the 128GB card Thinkware sells since it seems to be priced very highly. Unless the Thinkware one is unique? Or is it just priced that way because it's Thinkware branded?

I've noticed some cards are marked high endurance, some are U1, some are U3, some are V30, some V60, there's also UHS-I and UHS-II. I'm not that familiar with microSD cards so I'm not sure what the best specs would be to get the most reliable card that is capable of handling 4k and 2k recording simultaneously.

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks

I have a Thinkware U1000 and I am using Sandisk Endurance 256GB micro SD card. It works great. Here is a link to the micro SD card I am using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07P4HBRMV

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m using a sandisk a1 400gb card without issue in my u1000.

Hi, has anyone used the Samsung Evo Select 512GB card with no issues? I'm using the 128GB SanDisk Endurance and looking to get a higher capacity card. Thanks.

Hi, has anyone used the Samsung Evo Select 512GB card with no issues? I'm using the 128GB SanDisk Endurance and looking to get a higher capacity card. Thanks.
I’m going to wait for Black Friday deals on a 512 and possibly a 1tb card to test in the u1000.

I’m waiting on my U1000 to arrive, but I ordered the BlackBoxMyCar 128gb card. Hopefully that does the trick. I’m happy to hear that larger cards are working well!!! Any overheating issues?

I have the Sandisk Ultra Plus A1 128GB and Sandisk Extreme 128GB, so far it works.

I'm using a 256GB Samsung Evo Plus with my U1000

Yeah, some people report 256gb works for the U1000. You can try it out.

SanDisk High Endurance 256MB also working in my U1000

I want to upgrade from the default microSD card that comes with the dashcam, does anyone have a reliable brand they use that has no problems recording the front at 4K and rear at 2K? I want to get a 128 GB card and while price isn't really a factor, I'm trying to avoid the 128GB card Thinkware sells since it seems to be priced very highly. Unless the Thinkware one is unique? Or is it just priced that way because it's Thinkware branded?

I've noticed some cards are marked high endurance, some are U1, some are U3, some are V30, some V60, there's also UHS-I and UHS-II. I'm not that familiar with microSD cards so I'm not sure what the best specs would be to get the most reliable card that is capable of handling 4k and 2k recording simultaneously.

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Because the U1000 offers 4K in the front camera and 2K in the rear camera, you can opt for a UHS Class 3 SD card, like the Samsung Evo Plus. But be sure not to use a UHS-I U3 card in a Full HD dash cam - the main board may not be designed to process faster than Class 10 or UHS-1 card and the dash cam may heat up excessively.

how about 512 ???
working ?
I’m not sure. I haven’t tried it myself, but my sandisk a1 400gb card has been working very well so far. I did plan on trying a 512gb once the Black Friday deals hit and I can get one at a decent price.

Is the U1000 not picky with memory card? I have a F770 and it's really picky. I tried several off brand cards but none worked long enough. I had to stick to Thinkware card.

I have a Thinkware U1000 and I am using Sandisk Endurance 256GB micro SD card. It works great. Here is a link to the micro SD card I am using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07P4HBRMV

So I bought this one for my U1000 but doesnt seem to work, it always say "Memory Card Format Required" or "Memory Card Error Occur" and also bought the Sandisk Ultra A1 256gb still the same error from my dashcam. Help please.!!!!!!

Back