Thinkware u1000vs Blackvue 900 2 ch vs Viofo 129 Pro duo

neo5382

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello, I hope my question comes across understandable in English.
I am looking for a Dashcam .these 3 candidates are in my selection.
Viofo 129 Pro
Thinkware u1000
Blackvue dr 900 2ch
It is important to me that she films overnight and records Hit & Runs.
When starting the vehicle I get informed that there is damage.
Which of the 3 cams would you recommend and which memory card .
The Viofo should be very good from the price. I reading often that there are still child diseases and there are also quality problems.
The price doesn't matter to me. For me it is important that the cam runs well and stable. The support also plays an important role. What is the best cam if there is no support .
For me the Blackvue and the Thinkware is so far very interesting. Which would you prefer?
The led can be turned off at the Thinkware u1000 via the app (at least that's how it was described at the 800er I see right or ? )

Thx for all answer

think the Thinkware has notifications to tell you about events when parked, the Blackvue can send a push notification if you have a hotspot for it to connect to, neither of them have outstanding video though if that's a consideration

For me it is important that the phone app works well and that the records about night are ok. I hope that with a premium product everything works a little better. The question is just which makes your job better. What are the experiences . The thinkware is very new I would prefer the cam of blackvue

Sadly price are not always a indicator of things like that.

Hi
Which would you recommend then
I would like to get in the car and then be informed about who caused damage

Would the Viofo duo 129 be able to do this?
I would run the BlackVue Power Magic Pro to power it permanently.
You can also suggest other cams to me, I'm open for everything.

- It should be 2 cams for front and back

-Parkmode

-A good and easy-to-use mobile app
No led or it should be possible to switch off the leds on the device. One does not necessarily have to show everyone that one takes and has a dashcam in the car

The price plays a lower role clearly favorable is always nice, but I would like to have it reasonable. I would rather buy 1x correctly instead of 2 times

I think that kind of event notification are only on Blackvue and the Thinkware models, just be advised false events will also be counted, so you might get back to your car and have it "say" there have been 17 events, and you cant find a scratch on your car.
I do honestly think this kind of notification should be there for parking mode to work in a optimal manner, i mean if you had a event and you get back to your car and don't see it, depending on where the dent is ASO it could be days before you see it.

The Thinkware U1000 will verbally tell you how many 'Movement or Shock' detection's you have had whilst parked when you turn the ignition back on. You usually have at least one from getting back into the car, perhaps two if you opened the car boot first. If the U1000 is connected to a WiFi network it can also sent Impact Notifications to your phone. You can also set it to send Videos for big impacts when parked which at the moment is not sensitive enough it has to be a 3G force to send a video which is massive! The plan is to reduce that to 1.5G force for parking mode in a future software update. As for the night footage i think it's pretty good in the 4K mode. Not as good in 2K 60fps mode. I will grab my memory card and see if i can find a couple of files in the dark for you...

Yeah, that's the kind of smart i do want in my dashcam, not so sure about notifications to my phone as i feel i die a little every time i touch it.
But getting into the car it would be nice to be know if you should have a walk around your car or not, and of course properly tuned parking mode so it is not something you will hear every time you get into your car, cuz then you will just start to ignore it and so it is worthless.

Last edited:
Back