Thinkware U3000

ilc2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I emailed Thinkware asking when they were releasing a new product. They said they will be coming out with a U3000 in the next couple months but can't provide more info on it.

Does anyone have information on it?

Thanks

Manual need work in 1.2 ( part names ) the main camera are called rear camera .

In 1.3 you do have the port for the rear camera correctly named V-IN Input port for optional rear camera
I think it might be up scaling, the specs say 5.14 mpix sensor, thats not enough for proper 4K
Seem to me like a low end system, mid range at best.

Last edited:
Thanks. Does this have the new Sony Starvis 2 CMOS sensor that's being talked about? Note: I didn't read the full thread just trying to see if it is worth waiting for this camera or if there is something better in the next few months (maybe Blackvue?).

There was / are 3 sizes of the starvis 2 sensors, but if this is one of them i can not say.
I doubt it as the 2K version " IMX675AAQR-ES " are just 5.04 MP, where as i recall this sensor mentioned seem to be 5.14 MP which is what the already in use IMX 335 are

IMX 335 also fall in line with my prediction of this being a lower / mid tier system,,,,, as also sort of foretold with the rear camera being optional.
So i dont think there are any reason to mark the calendar here and start saving, it are probably a pretty standard camera by today's standards.

Why the curved design? seems less discrete than the U1000

EDIT: it seems to have radar built in

Last edited:
Manual need work in 1.2 ( part names ) the main camera are called rear camera
That is the rear view of the front camera

Yeah from what I’ve been told, the 5 MP sensor in that FCC sample isn’t the one that’ll be in retail models, though I don’t know if the details are ready for public release quite yet.

Do we have any update on timing around the U3000?

Hi guys, just signed up to this site. I literally just bought my first dash cam yesterday (TW U1000), and am currently installing it as we speak. I got a reply from TW customer support yesterday and they confirmed the U3000 will have new Starvis 2 sensors, though I'm not sure which ones. You would think/hope that being the 'U' series they would have native 4K sensors..
Anyway cheers, Kev.Screenshot_20230319_151343_Gmail.jpg

Hi guys, just signed up to this site. I literally just bought my first dash cam yesterday (TW U1000), and am currently installing it as we speak. I got a reply from TW customer support yesterday and they confirmed the U3000 will have new Starvis 2 sensors, though I'm not sure which ones. You would think/hope that being the 'U' series they would have native 4K sensors..
Anyway cheers, Kev.View attachment 64504
This would be ideal! Fingers crossed it’s not too far away!

I wonder if blackvue will respond since they just released the 970x without a new sensor upgrade.

Need to release this asap want one

Last edited:
Looks like it was showcased in the UK in April:

"THINKWARE DASH CAM is Korea’s world-leading dash cam manufacturer. In addition to the DVS-compliant F790 5-channel camera, Thinkware is showcasing the new FREE Fleet Management CONNECTED platform supported by the T700 LTE 5-channel camera, the Q1000 QHD front QHD rear Wi-Fi Connected camera and the all-new U3000 4K front QHD rear, Wi-Fi connected camera."

Source:

So, so far the things that may be considered confirmed are:

- integrated radar sensor (confirmed both by the image above as well as the FCC documents);
- Starvis Sensor 2 (confirmed by Thinkware customer support).

Now we only need a release date, which hopefully won't be long in light of the appearance in the app.

Sounds very promising on paper!

Back