Thinkware voice is extremely annoying!

sweetchaos

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Pro
[Re-post from reddit]

Thinkware doesn't allow you to select which types of events you want on/off when the dashcam is speaking to you using the voice guidance. Here's a photo of settings.
In comparison, BlackVue allows you select which types of events you want on/off when the dashcam is speaking to you using the voice guidance. Here's a photo of settings.

Here's VortexRadar talking about this exact issue. https://streamable.com/k0wko
[Please ignore the Blackvue DR750S in the bottom of the video, as he was using the Blackvue dashcam to record the sound for the Thinkware dashcam.]

This is the only feature that I want from Thinkware, and why I'm currently not buying a Thinkware dashcam.
Can someone please tell me why Thinkware can't implement this?

they don't know about, haven't thought about it, don't care about it, not interested in offering it, will be one of those

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Might add BlackVue to this list too o_O

Phil

Don't like to stereotype but Korean companies generally do things their own way and are very reluctant to take constructive feedback or suggestions on product direction, they have very firm ideas about how they like to do things, not easy to convince them otherwise

Agreed, but if what is being said is clearly true I cannot much fault whoever is saying it. The bottom line is that you need to study all the aspects of a dashcam, including how the companies who make and sell them behave, before buying it. Otherwise you will be disappointed or worse, and I don't like to see that happen to anyone.

Phil

Hi There,

We do offer the option to disable the WiFi Notification upon startup or silence all sounds from the camera. We haven't yet added a custom sounds option. Please be advised that we are always looking for ways to improve our products and will make sure this suggestion is passed along accordingly.

Can you please explain how to disable the wifi notification on the F800 pro?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Do you mean the 'connect your phone to a wifi network starting with Thinkware' message every time you turn the camera on?

If so the only way i know of to stop it is to pair a phone to the hotspot just once. You never have to connect it again if you don't want to.

I will watch this in case there is another way that i'm not aware of!

Hi There,

Connect to the camera via Hotspot just once and the device will stop asking you to connect via wifi upon startup.

I sent an email to TW asking to implement unlimited parking mode on my 770 (like u have on the 800),
they simply replied "no"

great communication :)

I sent an email to TW asking to implement unlimited parking mode on my 770 (like u have on the 800),
they simply replied "no"

great communication :)

Straight to the point lol! The F800 is a max of 3 days (72 hours), the F770 2 days (48hrs) i believe they increased it slightly as the F800 uses less power in parking mode so it can go a bit longer. I doubt they will ever make this unlimited as this without doubt would mean some people would set it at unlimited and then wonder why they had a flat battery.

I though the 800 was unlimited? Did they change it, cos pretty sure it was like that when it 1st came out..?

Hi There,

We do offer the option to disable the WiFi Notification upon startup or silence all sounds from the camera. We haven't yet added a custom sounds option. Please be advised that we are always looking for ways to improve our products and will make sure this suggestion is passed along accordingly.

Can you advise on how to silence all sounds from camera? The only setting I can see on the app that refers to audio is recording level. With that set to 0 I am still getting regular “mobile speed camera zone” announcements. We are 2000 km into a road trip here and it’s driving us nuts!

Can you advise on how to silence all sounds from camera? The only setting I can see on the app that refers to audio is recording level. With that set to 0 I am still getting regular “mobile speed camera zone” announcements. We are 2000 km into a road trip here and it’s driving us nuts!
In Dash Cam Settings under Road Safety Settings you should have an option to disable the 'Mobile Alert Zone' warnings. It's right under the Fixed Camera Warning option. (We do in the UK anyway!)

...We are always looking for ways to improve our products and will make sure this suggestion is passed along accordingly.

Whilst I don’t necessarily object to, or have a problem with the rhotic twang of the Thinkware voice, perhaps some alternative accents in the settings – along the lines of Siri in iOS – would be a welcome addition.

Apple like " we alone know what is best for you" arrogance like that do not go well with me.

The newer models have the option of English US or English UK, but older models do just have the US accent.

Is there anyway to disable it completely?

Last edited:
Back