This guy was up to no good last night

RaybanRJ

Reaction score
Country
Canada
2:47 am. This RSC Nano just paid for itself. We have had a rash of break-ins lately.

Ps my buddy liked my cam so much I also installed one on his vehicle, Same Parkade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I firmly believe in small discrete dashcams mounted right in front of the rearview mirror because if he had seen the dash cam he probably would’ve broken in.

Another thing that I had to deactivate what the loud beep every time the motion sensor kicked in. I could hear the beep just from walking in front of the car with all the window shut and I have laminated windows for soundproofing! I turned that right off because definitely someone like this would’ve heard the beep and then investigate it further on my car. Turn the beeps OFF!

Stealth is good when it come to dashcams, even CCTV cameras too IMO.
And yes your building need to get updated to 1080p CCTV cameras ( at least ) once you go digital / HD there is no looking back.

Stealth is good when it come to dashcams, even CCTV cameras too IMO.
And yes your building need to get updated to 1080p CCTV cameras ( at least ) once you go digital / HD there is no looking back.

I wish we were able to have access to the building cams if it was a live feed

Technically you can set up XX number of guest accounts on a CCTV system no problem, my friend can access my cameras from where he is and even move my PTZ camera cus i have allowed him that and i am such a nice guy.
But normally guest accounts you can just view the cameras and make no changes to the recorder box.

If i was the operator i would set that up, and hope there are a couple or 3 paranoid / nosy people that will act as unpaid security officers,,,,, win - win :)

Technically you can set up XX number of guest accounts on a CCTV system no problem, my friend can access my cameras from where he is and even move my PTZ camera cus i have allowed him that and i am such a nice guy.
But normally guest accounts you can just view the cameras and make no changes to the recorder box.

If i was the operator i would set that up, and hope there are a couple or 3 paranoid / nosy people that will act as unpaid security officers,,,,, win - win :)

Yeah at my other place I used to live we had access to the cameras if we went to a certain cable TV channel and the two cameras alternated between the front lobby and the parking lot but we had no real control than that but it was actually more interesting to watch than anything on TV ha ha

You should ask who ever run the system if they couldn't set up a few guest accounts for the people living there, i am sure they could see the benefit of someone actually watching the cameras Vs having to go back the day after when its all over and done for.

You should ask who ever run the system if they couldn't set up a few guest accounts for the people living there, i am sure they could see the benefit of someone actually watching the cameras Vs having to go back the day after when its all over and done for.

I will! I will definitely ask him today. Supposedly things got so bad they had to get a security guard last night and he was patrolling until 6 AM. But there are a bunch of us who would gladly keep an eye on things if we had access.

yeah.
my friend have all his cameras ( well just 4 cameras right now) running on a 42" TV mounted on the wall right beside his TV, and that CCTV monitor are running from he get up and until he go to bed.
I dont even think he turn it off when he go to his shop / garage to work a little over there, which he should do the way he whine about his recent power bill which he dont understand are so large.

Around here, the security guards may become the thieves. Even when they are off-duty cops moonlighting :eek:. That happened with four of those here about ten years ago after a fire at the local mall closed several stores down awhile. It was discovered through a few cameras which were undamaged and still operating when the "guards" thought they were all turned off :p

Nothing beats a bored and nosy neighbor such as a retiree for keeping an eye on things, and they will do it for free, so I hope they will open the system to at least some of the residents. And now the plod have a good idea of who and where to watch so maybe this pair will be seeing some boredom and terrible food soon as 'guests' of the government :devilish:

Phil

My buddy that lives here phoned and they will not allow us to have any codes, also the cable company is involved (I guess they have the cameras through them) so the best thing is just continue to not leave anything in plain site inside the vehicle and they leave those vehicles alone.

I firmly believe in small discrete dashcams mounted right in front of the rearview mirror because if he had seen the dash cam he probably would’ve broken in.

Because we can see the blinking red light (led?) in the video, I take it that the light is on the front of the Dashcam, so he probably saw it too. (y)

Because we can see the blinking red light (led?) in the video, I take it that the light is on the front of the Dashcam, so he probably saw it too. (y)
Nope, that is actually the red light from the cars factory alarm, it sits on top of the dash. The Cam is way up behind the rear view mirror and while the cam does have a red and green light, one for wifi connection and one for recordi g, they are very dim and they face the rear of the car so no one can see lights from the cam.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

WIFI .. ( + cable )
Cable to digital recorder ..
Wifi to anyone with Wifi and the password ..

WIFI .. ( + cable )
Cable to digital recorder ..
Wifi to anyone with Wifi and the password ..
Its not my call unfortunately

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Back