This Is Not A One Way Street

Error7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius - 808 #16 4 x G1W-H - 2 x 70mai
Silly woman nearly got hit because she didn't look to the right when crossing. The area is under construction so traffic is controlled in each direction by temporary lights. I was concentrating on the car driving towards me, he shouldn't have been because I had the green light, and also I was keeping an eye on the workmen in the roadway. Fortunately for her I was only driving slowly and, unlike her, I was paying attention. I must do something about the reflections. :(

Close. I thought the workman was the issue, then I saw the girl through that reflection.

I had to watch again to see her.
People just don't take road safety seriously any more. It's 1 or 2 generations of brainwashing that there's always someone else to blame (and it's always motorists, of course.)

We really need accident investigators to point the finger of blame at those who CAUSE the accidents, ESPECIALLY when it's pedestrians. It doesn't matter that they won't be prosecuted. The point is to make it clear to simpletons that they aren't innocent victims just because they're on foot.

I don't use my horn anything like often enough, but I'm starting to use it more, and it's pedestrians who make it necessary most of the time. I've lost count of the times I'm turning left into a side road and a pedestrian is approaching the junction with their back to me, not looking around and clearly intending to cross without checking it's safe. I toot the horn repeatedly and they don't respond for 3 or 4 seconds until they are about to step out, and then suddenly they get the fright of their life when they realise the warning is for them. It just blows my mind how ignorant and stupid adults can be.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I sounded my horn after the event, just to let her know, and others in the area, how stupid she was.

Feedback is important!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back