This Is Why Motorcycle Riders Have To Be Alert When Riding - Please Think Bike!!!

I was filtering and not overtaking (filtering is making progress in slow moving traffic and there is no where it states anywhere in the law this has to be done when traffic is stopped or slow moving...
So by definition it must be done in stopped or slow moving traffic, otherwise it would not meet your definition of filtering?

As far as I am aware the law doesn't cover it at all, so you can't claim that it is allowed, in fact doing it results in breaking multiple rules and therefore it would appear to be not allowed.

For example this rule:
Rule 167 DO NOT overtake where you might come into conflict with other road users. For example
approaching or at a road junction on either side of the road
where traffic is queuing at junctions or road works
and:
Rule 163 Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should ...
only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so

Unfortunately he was wrong. This link from the UK government website answers everything about filtering and the 'think bike' slogan
http://think.direct.gov.uk/motorcycles.html
That site is giving advice in an attempt to reduce motorcycle related deaths, it says nothing of the law and does not give you any rights.

The other motorcycle was not indicating right, it had it's hazard lights on to filter through the traffic (very convenient of you to take a screenshot of the part with only the right light showing) :rolleyes: . I have taken a clear screenshot showing both lights on (the hazard lights)
Use of hazard lights in that situation would be illegal, but if he did have his hazard lights on, why did you not slow down just in case there was a hazard?

Use of hazard lights in that situation would be illegal, but if he did have his hazard lights on, why did you not slow down just in case there was a hazard?

Here we go again. You have basically just confirmed what I observed about your replies to posts or comments (you seem to have this habit of trying to see the negative in any situation or sentence). Take a good look at my comment about that motorcycle rider and you would get the answer to why he had his hazards lights on.

Another thing that bugs me (sorry.)
Isn't the now common use of hazard lights while filtering an ADMISSION that what they are doing is hazardous? By definition?

It's basically saying "I know this is dangerous, but COMING THROUGH, GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!"

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back