This lady almost stopped me from going to Chick Fil A!

eastwood

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W

I saw her going pretty fast, figured she'd stop to cross traffic but I didn't think she'd stop thaaaat late lol.

She should have just sped up and gone right through instead of stopping and reversing.

There is a new song sung to the tune of Willie Nelsen's, "On the Road Again". It's called, "On the Phone Again", I can't wait to get on the phone again, The life I love of chatting with my friends, I can't wait to get on the phone again.

I saw her going pretty fast, figured she'd stop to cross traffic but I didn't think she'd stop thaaaat late lol.

She should have just sped up and gone right through instead of stopping and reversing.
Isn't there "Priority to the right" law in your country?

Priority to the right is at 3 and 4 way intersections marked with STOP signs. This was shot in a parking lot and the person on the right is coming from the area of parking spaces and into the "main" throughfare of the lot. They should yield entering the main drive.

Priority to the right is at 3 and 4 way intersections marked with STOP signs. This was shot in a parking lot and the person on the right is coming from the area of parking spaces and into the "main" throughfare of the lot. They should yield entering the main drive.
Priority to the right is used on uncontrolled intersections. If an intersection has STOP sign then it is controlled. And if you were on a main road then there would be a STOP or yield sign for the white car. If you can show me the law that applies for the situation in your video that would be great. But for now I see many uncontrolled intersections.

It would also be great to see more opinions from other users.

Isn't there "Priority to the right" law in your country?

Yes there is but it doesn't apply in this video. If you're crossing a through traffic lane or merging into it from a smaller street, you yield to through traffic. This is also a common driving law, but worded differently. I'm also in the US if that means anything to you.

In this situation, my lane is clearly the main lane/through traffic lane in this part of the parking lot, hers is not. She could either be making a left or right which means she would have to yield to traffic. Or she can go straight, if she was going straight, she would have to cut across 2 through traffic lanes, which means she is in a position to yield. Also, the parking lot lane she was coming out of was a 1 way style single lane, so there's not a traditional intersection with traffic going both ways crossing.

Also in the US, priority to the right only really applies at intersections with multiple stop signs or sometimes no stop signs. Usually the first person there has right of way but if multiple cars drive up to an intersection with stop signs at the same time, the car on the right has right of way. If there's no stop signs or traffic light (this rarely but sometimes happens on smaller neighborhood streets) then right of way goes to the first person to reach the intersection, or if multiple cars reach the intersection at the same time, the person on the right has the right of way. You still have to make sure it's clear to cross if you got there first. Basically we're taught that if you cross an intersection with no stop signs or traffic light, you treat it as if there was a stop sign. In my video, that wouldn't be considered an intersection since she is coming from a smaller lane and because her lane was a single, 1 way traffic lane.

We're also taught that main streets have the right of way over cars trying to get into it from smaller streets. Hope that clears things up.

Last edited:
Priority to the right is used on uncontrolled intersections. If an intersection has STOP sign then it is controlled. And if you were on a main road then there would be a STOP or yield sign for the white car. If you can show me the law that applies for the situation in your video that would be great. But for now I see many uncontrolled intersections.
There was no stop sign where she's coming from, so yeah it's uncontrolled but here in the US, we're taught to observe normal traffic/right of way laws in parking lots the same way you would on city streets. So if you're in a through traffic lane and there's a car to the right trying to either drive across, make a left or make a right, you don't stop for them unless you have a stop sign or a traffic light. It's on that driver to make their move when traffic is clear. We don't stop for them because that could back up traffic and/or cause an accident.

In her situation, regardless of whether she had a stop sign or not, she is crossing 2 lanes of through traffic to get to the other side or making a left or right turn. Because of that, she's responsible to make sure that she has a clear entry or exit when crossing. Also it's hard to see but there's actually long yellow lines separating both lanes of through traffic in my lane, which also means she's in a position to yield because those yellow lines indicate it's a main through driving lane.

Last edited:
Back