This morning my DashCams captured nothing but icy windows

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
From my rear mounted but front facing Mobius B ...

image.jpg

From my front mounted SGZC12RC while the heated windscreen was warming up ...

image.jpg

Shows the limitation of interior-mounted DashCams when windows are fogged or iced-up.

Yeah, the cold front is hitting us down here too. It snowed today in Estrela Mountain and I'm expecting something similar to your pictures in my car tomorrow morning. Over here where I live temperatures should drop to around 3ºC overnight. Fortunately there's no forecast of rain until the end of the month and temperatures will rise again starting on wednesday.

Have the same problem, right now my Suzuki sit in the yard looking like a ice cube. :rolleyes: i do so dislike this time of the year.

looked the same in my car...

tucked up in the house I "blipped" the webasto car heater and it took 12.5 minutes on the quick setting to defrost and warm the car - then set it to heat engine as well.

fantastic bit of kit

:)

For sure a car heater is the one kit i allways wanted on my cars but never got around to have, and thats pretty strange considering how i hate a cold car and cold weather.

Its an time consuming but easy DIY and the rover 75 s which you get them off second hand for £50 to £100 make it a must have for winter.

I m just glad I put the time in researching piping the water just to the internal heater for the quick defrost and used valves to send it around the engine and heater once defrosted. This feature webasto UK don't even know about as it hasn't migrated from Germany yet, but it cuts defrosting time from 30 minutes to the 12.5 which is perfect for my short journeys saving fuel and power in the battery.

would hate to be without it now ...

The forecast wasn't for ice, but sure enough my windows were covered in it this morning.
Luckily I left the engine running and demister on for a while rather than use the screen wash - because the fluid had frozen! That would have been a quick way to ruin the new wiper blades.

Back