this sandisk card test ok??

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
have just got a Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I 128GB SD Card and tested it, is this test result ok?? not a fake card??

1677560009262.png

Yes, it always reports 1 less.

Now test the speed with Speedout 0.5

This is my Samsung Evo Plus 128Gb

O24xllu.jpg

Speed is fine so should be problem free. Anything under 50MB/s write speed can be too slow with the HD dashcams.

Which are kinda funny CUZ most dashcams do not get anywhere near 50 MB/s, but yeah thats how it is and always have been.

My V3 produces ~550MB files in 3 minutes which is only just over 3MB a second ?

Whether that is a direct write or whatever is involved but some manufacturers do advise fast cards.

Yeah i did the math years back too, and saw the little a 1080p camera wrote every minute / second.
Back then i had a card with a 30 MB/s write speed but it dident work, but a 40 MB/s card did, just freaked me when the camera write that much slower.
Dont matter much though as there are no market, or if there was, sense in buying a card with a smaller write speed to save 1 dollar on the price.

The cards i have picked up lately are between 80 MB/s and 120 MB/s in write speed, and still 2 of them will not work in my viofo cameras, but actually work just fine in the Vantrue E2 system, and at least in my dji osmo action camera ( have not tested in older sjcams )

Mind you i use old SDHC cards for firmware update ( 8 and 16 GB ) and these i bet have a very slow write speed, but for updating fírmware it have never been a issue, or the subsequent writing after the updated as the camera reboot, and i do the reset to default + rebot and then settings again, before i toss in the big recording memory card.

You mention some cards don't work in some dashcams. That's what Nextbase have been saying about some of their dashcams and SanDisk.

There was a post here ages ago that said different sd brands work in different ways so incompatibility is possible.

Yes.
It is clearly not a matter of the speed when so fast cards do not work, so it must be a matter of the controller on the memory card.
Which in it self are also strange, CUZ i was of the understanding there was established standards at play here.

What I don't get is the insistence by Nextbase to format 'their' expensive card every 2 weeks or you may have problems.

Since I've had my Evo plus cards in my V3's I just cut and paste to my PC. I've only formatted them maybe once a year without issue.

I am not good at preemptive memory card maintenance, and it is getting worse now as i dont pull footage as often to share.
It is pretty much just on card swap i format the card in the camera, then again i also swap card every 3 - 4 weeks, at least if someone are kind enough to keep me supplied with new cameras, CUZ sooner or later i have had my entire test suite of cards thru the cameras i have.
The A229 and A119 mini are just about ready to be retired from the car, but i will probably do a little static testing on them for a few months.
The A229 have given me a little grief lately not recording on first drive of the day, unsure if it is the new cards in it that are marginal, but as the issue are very rare and random i dont think so, but i will have to do a run of a card or two of the models i have not had those issues with.

The issue are quick fixed, i just pull the power, let the cam shut down, and then plug back in and then the camera boot and record just fine. so its not even a issue that i can repeat / replicate.

It do take a while to run my entire test suite of cards, as i generally just use 256 GB cards, and dont drive much, it take a while to fill a card.
And i have like 10 - 12 256 GB cards now.

I hate technology that you have to keep thinking about.

Yes it should be a none issue.

I also once had a problem with a PC i build for my friend, so i build it, and then installed windows ASO, and it worked just fine, for some weeks and then it started to BSOD.
Did a reinstall several times but it was always the same result.

So that is when i learned about RAM compatibility and manufactures QVL listings, CUZ once RAM was swapped to another motherboard it was just fine.
Also remember vivid as it was around that particular 9-11, my friend was at the shop getting the motherboard exchanged as we was sure that was it, so he got another brand motherboard in the hand, and then as i called him in the shop and told him about the towers the shop turned on TV and all freaked the hell out.
So much freaked out that a week later he got the original motherboard in the mail, so he got 2 for 1 motherboards thanks to that event.

TBH today i dont so much like technology doing the thinking for me, as today it most often mean you loose your privacy and get mined for personal information.

Google i fight every week as they are very very eager to get my full name and my phone number. and pretty much as i am on youtube.

To test Samsung EVO SSD products, you can use the original Samsung Magican or CrystalDiskMark program.

A1 SD Bench and SD Card Test Pro programs can handle SD card test well, the result is the most accurate

The other thing to remember is to always use a USB3 PC port as a USB2 or lower will reduce the test speeds.

according to the specifications from the data sheet, the speed should be higher
Read Performance Up to 200MB/s
Write Performance Up to 90MB/s
I can't understand why there are such different results

Back