This thing is nothing but trouble

Dopey1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It shouldn't be that hard to record something and then retrieve it, it's a big mistake buying this, this is my 3rd replacement, someone cut me up real bad yesterday, I pressed the Bluetooth button, heard the thing take the photo, when I got home had a look it didn't even save the recording, and I had to take the cam off the screen plug it into the mains, and all it kept asking me to do was format the card, these things a useless when you need them

Putting the card in a laptop always provokes a Windows format message but if you ignore it you can access the card and files are there and can be played, in my experience anyway.

I just don't get why they did their best to make it so complicated, and why use a phone, most of it won't work without a phone, I did it now, borrowed some software, and a friend managed to recover it, I don't know if it was the bluetooth button that did it, never used it before

The only times my computer have asked to format a memory card is if it dont have a file system on it, or it do but it is broken.
I assume you have formatted your memory card in the camera ? it should prompt you do do that when inserted the first time

Do you just yank the memory card out ? a devise generally need to be off when you do that, or in the reader on the computer ejected first.

Yea I formatted it, the first thing you do, and I do it to get rid of protected files also, you can't yank the card out, it's push and pull

Oh! By the way, you can't ignore the message and just pass by it, it won't let you, when you say no, it brings back that option all the time, double click, and you come out of it, and click again, and it asks you to format again, it may as well just say "You MUST format the card"

If anything happens I've never pressed any buttons to save anything on any of my dashcams.

I just let it record sequentially as normal and make a mental note of time and place and just find the incident in the normal place.

If anything happens I've never pressed any buttons to save anything on any of my dashcams.

I just let it record sequentially as normal and make a mental note of time and place and just find the incident in the normal place.
How do you go about doing that, I thought you had to mark it somehow to record it

The dashcam is recording all the time. On mine, after a journey I have a series of 3 minute video clips.

I download all mine to PC and archive them for a while, just in case I need to refer to a time and location.

I remember one incident on the M25 of a driver undertaking using the hard shoulder. I took a mental note of the time and once downloaded, the filenames included the date and time so I easily located the 3 minute one I wanted.

I think plugging it into the mains will break it. It's meant for 5V USB.

For man years i used the mental note approach too, flawed for me as my short term memory car bad, i am now using the manual event button on all but my side cameras.

By "yank" i also meant press to eject the card, in all dashcams the damn memory card are seated pretty deep, something that many of us have wished would change over the years.

Have you ever tested the memory card ? if you had 3 bad cameras and the shared component is the memory card, that might actually be the reason.
Also how do you power the camera in the car ? using anything out of what is provided can easy cause erratic behavior.

in all dashcams the damn memory card are seated pretty deep, something that many of us have wished would change over the years.

Damn right! You would have got a laugh watching me today trying to get the Fing memory card out of the T130. I don't know why they have to seat the TF card so deep. I don't have long fingernails either so it so frustrating trying to use anything on hand to get the memory card out.
The A119V3 is the only unit I could get the memory card out without using an implement.
Rant over :)

That's what I like about the V3. I never take the card out, I just lift the whole unit off, take it indoors and use it as a card reader.

Same card is in mine for almost 3 years now.

For man years i used the mental note approach too, flawed for me as my short term memory car bad, i am now using the manual event button on all but my side cameras.

By "yank" i also meant press to eject the card, in all dashcams the damn memory card are seated pretty deep, something that many of us have wished would change over the years.

Have you ever tested the memory card ? if you had 3 bad cameras and the shared component is the memory card, that might actually be the reason.
Also how do you power the camera in the car ? using anything out of what is provided can easy cause erratic behavior.
I actually got the card from SanDisk directly there's a lot of fakes out there, but still worth considering, noting is 100% foolproof like new parts on cars, I always suspect them before I fit

I don't think it's the power I fitted it a good few months back, but I hardwired it and got the kit (turns off when it uses too much power in park mode)

Damn right! You would have got a laugh watching me today trying to get the Fing memory card out of the T130. I don't know why they have to seat the TF card so deep. I don't have long fingernails either so it so frustrating trying to use anything on hand to get the memory card out.
The A119V3 is the only unit I could get the memory card out without using an implement.
I keep a ****tail stick in the car, lol

One time, in a pinch, I used a disposable plastic knife from a take-out restaurant and it worked great to press on a memory card to get it to release. Eventually, using a stationary belt sander in my shop I flattened the tip of the plastic knife and it became an even better tool for the job. So, now I always keep it in my vehicle for when I need it. It's the perfect no cost tool.

One time, in a pinch, I used a disposable plastic knife from a take-out restaurant and it worked great to press on a memory card to get it to release. Eventually, using a stationary belt sander in my shop I flattened the tip of the plastic knife and it became an even better tool for the job. So, now I always keep it in my vehicle for when I need it. It's the perfect no cost tool.
You need to copyright it, Viofo will be selling them now for £20 each, lol

You need to copyright it, Viofo will be selling them now for £20 each, lol

Hah! Actually, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen something that clearly seemed to be inspired by one of my DIY designs that I had previously posted to the forum show up on the Viofo (Gitup) web site for sale. Assuming they really got the idea from me I took it as a compliment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T A129 Pro / A129 Pro Duo 1
Back