Three classic car spotted on the highway. Can any of you tell me what year and model those car are?

Im inclined to think they are Rolls Royce, but what ever they are they are damm sweet rides.

Given the chance to drive somthing like this for a day or somthing new and fancy, i think i would take the oldie.

I captured this one today, seem like some lotto winner wasted some of his easy won money on a 2007 Ferrari 360 :rolleyes:
360.jpg

I can't see enough of the hood ornament, but I'm still leaning toward Packard.
:)

The GB badge might swing it in favour of them being Rollers.
Maybe Kellner Rolls-Royce Phantom II 3 position Cabriolet 1934
Kellner_Rolls-Royce_Phantom_II_3p_Cabr_1934_10.jpg

But they don't have the protruding rear lights. Anyway, some variant of an early 1930s RR Phantom II I'd bet.

Last edited:
Yeah it was those "s" like thingies on the top that got me leaning towards RR, allso the louvers on the front dont seem as pronounced on old packards.

Then again my memory is shot to hell by the THC addition i nursed for 20 years or so, but stopping smoking dont seem to fix it.

And trust me there is nothing wrong with a old packard, ill take one any day over a brand spanking new BMW

Yes, saw the UK thing on the second car, and the old UK looking tag on the first. Was keeping my mouth shut unless somebody else noticed. :)

Wish we had better dashcam video. (ahem!)

Those 's' things are related to the 'Landau' roof. configuration or going back to the horse drawn carriage days. (pre dash cam). Some US cars had fake ones, called 'landau bars'.

tbird1964landaublackcobragrainroof.jpg

I'm sure a lot of people saw a '60's Tbird and confused it for an exotic car.

going back to the horse drawn carriage days. (pre dash cam).
Don't know about that. Here is an image of my street in 1914, could possibly have been taken from a vehicle. Shows a careless pedestrian almost being knocked down. Some things never change.

kilmorie-road-00316-640.jpg

I bet he is going to run that stop sign. Wait, there is no stop sign!

Good job he has ABS (Animal Braking System)!
I really must go and take a photo from the same spot some time. Not much has changed! Kinda spooky when I think about it.

well i am sure those houses along the street dont have a outhouse out back any more, allso sure they now have hot & cold water installed, so no more all famely baths in a zink tub in the kitchen on saturdays.

Things allways change, but it can be hard to spot some times :D

The old days with awsome coachmakers here and there, ppl would send off ther cool cars for that little extra somthing to put it over the top.

Actually i was supposed to be a coachmaker / dentbasher, but at the tender age of 13 i assume they found me a little too young.

And so i had to deal with the nightmare of school for more years :(

Allways liked ppl who can make flat pices of sheetmetal into awsome cars :cool: problem is there is less and less of those ppl around :oops:

They trusted me with my hammer at 17, but the thumb on my other hand didn't (and with good reason!)

Phil

Don't know about that. Here is an image of my street in 1914, could possibly have been taken from a vehicle. Shows a careless pedestrian almost being knocked down. Some things never change.

kilmorie-road-00316-640.jpg

So they did have dash cams in 1914. Although the image quality has not improved much - LOL

Back