Three corner cutters in a row

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
Last edited:
All wide bends but even so they couldn't follow the lines. All three drivers even braked in some of them. :eek:
The last one was the worst....
Just saving fuel by taking the shortest route possible... :D

Slowing down to a safer speed never crosses their minds, or maybe they don't have a working mind in their vehicles. There are a couple corners I regularly cut in my heavily-loaded van, but they are on the inside against a guard-rail where I can see clearly. Not going to get into someone else's lane- my dashcam will show that!

Phil

As far as I can tell, in all cases the driver would have been able to see the road ahead, cutting the corner allows you to take some of the punishment off the tires and allows you not to have to slow down so much saving your brakes. I'm not sure if your road markings prohibit crossing lanes but here in Scotland you can get away with this so long as it is safe to do so an the road makings don't say stay in lane.

Braking in a corner can be a bigger problem if you don't know what to expect though, a boot load of over steer can ruin your day, in fact if you find yourself entering a corner too fast dropping a gear and accelerating can help maintain traction on the rears which is what usually lets go first.

Just saving fuel by taking the shortest route possible... :D
I don't see how. None of those roads were steep enough to just let the car roll. o_O

As far as I can tell, in all cases the driver would have been able to see the road ahead, cutting the corner allows you to take some of the punishment off the tires and allows you not to have to slow down so much saving your brakes. I'm not sure if your road markings prohibit crossing lanes but here in Scotland you can get away with this so long as it is safe to do so an the road makings don't say stay in lane.

Braking in a corner can be a bigger problem if you don't know what to expect though, a boot load of over steer can ruin your day, in fact if you find yourself entering a corner too fast dropping a gear and accelerating can help maintain traction on the rears which is what usually lets go first.
Here the penalty for crossing solid lines is a 50 to 250€ fine and disqualification from driving or vehicle seizure for a minimum of a year. Solid line are there exactly to not be crossed.

I was carrying a full load and two passengers, I was going at the same speed as them and I had absolutely no problem staying on my side of the road, with little or no stress to the car. That was just laziness and bad driving.

Last edited:
You weren't kidding about the last one. That final clip!
Must have been putting to use all those skills developed on console driving games.

Back