Three Reviews of the VIOFO A119 Mini

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
Over the past several weeks, @Panzer Platform , @DrekiTech and I have been working on our individual reviews of the new VIOFO A119 Mini single channel dash camera. @Panzer Platform worked on setting up a coordinated release of our reviews on Sunday 10-July-2022. I hope you find some helpful info in the three reviews so you can make an informed decision on whether the VIOFO A119 Mini dash camera will meet your dash camera needs.

Last edited:
For me, is there any compelling reason to change from a V3 ?

I don't use parking mode or any sensors. I just record from car on to car off.

Right on Kremmen,
I knew this was going to be a question, "why would a V3 owner want to upgrade to the Mini?"
I did my darndest to try to answer that in the chaper called A119V3 vs. A119 Mini at the 5:45 mark in my video.
-Chuck

Thanks

If I didn't have to rewire then maybe but the V3 is a hard act to follow

Wi-Fi

Lots of people have said that they want an A119 with Wi-Fi, and then others say they don't want Wi-Fi, so now you have a choice.

Remember that Wi-Fi can be very useful if you want to show your dashcam video to people such as the police at site.

Size could be a reason for choosing the Mini, but not a reason to upgrade. Even Wi-Fi doesn't seem a good reason to upgrade, but if you were upgrading your vehicle then it would be a good reason to select the Mini for your new dashcam, also if you were adding a second camera to an existing car.

Some people may choose the Mini for the optional Bluetooth remote control, which doesn't work with the V3. Not a compelling reason for an upgrade, but if you are the sort of person who likes hitting the lock button then it would be another good reason for choosing the Mini over the V3. The Remote lock button is much safer to use!

Here are some A119 MINI raw video samples I recorded the other day I thought I'd share.

Be sure to download them first for direct playback for full resolution, if you let Dropbox stream them it will be a lower trans-coded bit-rate.

DAY:
2022-09-25 DAY (CPL ON) HDR ON & OFF Side by Side going through a tunnel etc.

NIGHT:
Here are a few Twilight and Night HDR On / Off, side by side sample videos I just took as well.

Back