Three short chirps while driving?

jpohling

Reaction score
Country
United States
While driving the front camera will chirp three times and the screen will come on. I am not sure what that means? Did it just save a file due to G sensor or something?
silly question I bet, but just getting used to this device.

Is it continuous or does it just happen once? When does it happen, as soon as you start the engine or during your journey?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What memory card are you using?
Does the screen display anything when it comes on?

While driving the front camera will chirp three times and the screen will come on. I am not sure what that means? Did it just save a file due to G sensor or something?
silly question I bet, but just getting used to this device.
Yes, you can check by tapping it, if the chirping sounds the same then it is due to the g-sensor.

I am using a samsung 128 evo card. This has happened twice and it us in the middle of a trip. The screen comes on and shows live video. Then shuts off like it does after a minute.

I am using a samsung 128 evo card. This has happened twice and it us in the middle of a trip. The screen comes on and shows live video. Then shuts off like it does after a minute.
Is it the white and orange EVO card?
Are you using stock firmware?
Have you checked the files? Do all the files on the card look OK? Are they all about the same length and size?

Orange I believe, all files look fine and are consistent. Latest firmware

Orange I believe, all files look fine and are consistent. Latest firmware
Are the ones with the chirps stored in the RO (locked file) folder?

Yes, you can check by tapping it, if the chirping sounds the same then it is due to the g-sensor.
Nigel I gave it a pretty firm thunk and it did not react in any way. How hard do you need to hit it to trigger g sensor?

Not sure, have not reviewed the files
You need to review the files and see if they are in the RO folder. If they're not, then it's not the G-sensor that caused the issue. So, this id an important troubleshooting step in order to isolate further.

Take your files of the card and then do the following

Reset the camera and format the memory card and don't touch anything for a couple of days while driving about and see if it happens again

What does the format warning/notification setting do anyway? Does it like give you a reminder every few days (depending on the interval you set) that you need to format the card?

What does the format warning/notification setting do anyway? Does it like give you a reminder every few days (depending on the interval you set) that you need to format the card?

Does it give a warning? Not sure but reset to factory settings as if you bought it straight out the box just incase you switched a setting on etc

Does it give a warning? Not sure but reset to factory settings as if you bought it straight out the box just incase you switched a setting on etc

I haven't noticed yet but I don't understand why you would need to format your card every few days. I forgot what mine is set to but I can check later. @viofo can you confirm?

Who's said format it every few days?

Format it and give it a couple of days to see if everything is fine before changing any settings etc

So I changed the g sensor setting to high and found some bumpy roads and that triggered the g sensor and saved files to RO. Its clear when this happens as screen comes on with the large yellow exclamation yield sign. It did not do that the previous time. So tat g sensor is working nicely. All files are consistent in length and size. On todays drive I had two instances of random chirps. One single chirp and one double chirp. Other than the chirps no visible changes on camera. Screen did not light up, etc. all seems to be working fine, just wondering about the chirps

Who's said format it every few days?

Format it and give it a couple of days to see if everything is fine before changing any settings etc
No one. It's how I understand that specific setting I'm talking about. Why would you need a notification about a "format warning"? That is my question.

No one. It's how I understand that specific setting I'm talking about. Why would you need a notification about a "format warning"? That is my question.

To keep the card “healthy”, it’s wise to format the memory card inside the camera every month or two. Instead of waiting until there is an issue, which is commonly fixed with a format, it’s good to be preemptive. The option in the menu is nice for those who need the reminder.

Yeah the occasional formatting recommended, is due to the read / write nature of dashcams, so the file allocation table can get fragmented and that can slow down the performance of the memory card.
Old PC users will also know this from computers with windows for OS back in the day, this have changed now due to technologies in hard drives and our operating system.

Keep a eye on the footage your dashcam record, and do a in camera format every 1-2-3 months, and you have done all you can to ensure a good dashcam experience.
Buy a cheap dashcam and a cheap memory card, put it in your car and forget about it, and you are heading for a very bad dashcam experience.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A A129 / 129 Duo 13
G A129 / 129 Duo 2
Back