Three short chirps while driving?

The Viofo cards seem to be excellent, happy to recommend that even for dual 4K use, the Samsung are used by a huge number of people without issue but do seem a bit variable in speed, I think they are fine for dual 1080 resolution, not so sure about 4K, and there are quite a few reports of issues with the Sandisk, even the latest versions, although many, probably most people use them without issue so I'm not sure about Sandisk.

Thanks for the info Nigel! - This is off topic for this thread, but isn't the 4k something other than 4k??? My understanding is the dashcam companies stretch the truth when they say they have 4k dash cams. I don't imagine Viofo is offering a "true 4k dash cam".

they likely suggest you test it just to rule out the card being a fake, that program is a good way to tell, passing the test still doesn't mean it's a good choice of card, enough reports of the newer version Lexar cards being problematic to make them a good card to avoid, would likely be perfectly fine for use in an Android phone or similar

Thanks for the info Nigel! - This is off topic for this thread, but isn't the 4k something other than 4k??? My understanding is the dashcam companies stretch the truth when they say they have 4k dash cams. I don't imagine Viofo is offering a "true 4k dash cam".
he's referring to an unreleased model

Ohh, the Viofo 4K dashcam is definitely real 4K, no doubt about it once you see the images!

Yes, I understand that. Will it be a true 4k dash cam?

Btw, how did you like my SD Card Test results? - Pretty good, huh? ; )
SD card test looks OK, but only shows the average speed, so it doesn't tell us if it was the cause of the beeps, but I think if you remake the connections at each end of you rear camera cable then you will be OK.

SD card test looks OK, but only shows the average speed, so it doesn't tell us if it was the cause of the beeps, but I think if you remake the connections at each end of you rear camera cable then you will be OK.

Thanks Nigel! I'll check those connections in the morning.

Btw, I just did a little research on 4k dash cams and found there are some legit ones out there. I believe my info about faux 4k dash cams came from reading about 4k dash cams on Amazon...

Thanks Nigel! I'll check those connections in the morning.

Btw, I just did a little research on 4k dash cams and found there are some legit ones out there. I believe my info about faux 4k dash cams came from reading about 4k dash cams on Amazon...
Some of the current dashcams are real 4K but use bitrates similar to 1080 cameras so don't actually store any more detail than a 1080 camera. Currently there are no 4K dashcams available that are really recommended, except maybe the Gitup F1C which is really an action camera but works quite well.

The Viofo A129 Pro 4K will be real 4K with real 4K detail, and available soon.

Some of the current dashcams are real 4K but use bitrates similar to 1080 cameras so don't actually store any more detail than a 1080 camera. Currently there are no 4K dashcams available that are really recommended, except maybe the Gitup F1C which is really an action camera but works quite well.

The Viofo A129 Pro 4K will be real 4K with real 4K detail, and available soon.

Obviously real 4k dashcams would give better resolution. Would there be any disadvantages with the new Viofo 4k Dashcam compared to the current A129?

Btw, do you know when the Viofo 4k model is coming out?

Obviously real 4k dashcams would give better resolution. Would there be any disadvantages with the new Viofo 4k Dashcam compared to the current A129?

Btw, do you know when the Viofo 4k model is coming out?
Maybe price, I would expect it to cost a bit more, but the price is not announced yet.
Uses a bit more power, so parking mode will empty the battery faster.
Runs a bit warmer, might be an issue for parking mode in very hot places.

Supposed to be coming soon, but I don't know the date.

Thanks Nigel for the additional info!
- - - - -

So, I inspected my rear dash cam and the plug looked like it was fully plugged-in. I haven't been out driving today yet, but plan on doing so soon. I'll make sure the rear connection in the front dash cam is fully inserted when I reattach the front dash cam. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to do.

Btw, I noticed when viewing successive videos on DashcamViewer that time gets cut-off from the video when the shorter video files arise... sometimes it may be 30 seconds taken off the front and other times it may come off the end...??? - - Normally, when you take the file name of the previous video, which has the end time in it, and add the video running time of the subsequent video, ie. 1:30, you should end up with a filename that adds those two variables. Almost always, if not always, there's time missing.

I would suspect that lots of users may have this issue and aren't aware of it. If one looks at the directory of videos in the drive folder (Movies) in theory, they should all be approximately the same length: 3 min. videos = 371 mb. If there are files significantly less, I suspect a similar thing is happening with their dashcam. I would be surprised, based on what I've heard on this forum, if everyone has uniform file lengths. And if the file lengths are not uniform, the next step would be to monitor start & end times to see if they are losing some video action.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A A129 / 129 Duo 13
G A129 / 129 Duo 2
Back