TIESFONG C10S (GearBest)

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Today we are going to take a look at the TIESFONG C10S. This camera was provided by @GearBest
Over simplified the camera seems to be a B40 with a rotate-able lens.
Lets take a bit of a look.
CUoOpKb.jpg

08pAvry.jpg

ELdLnF2.jpg

YXGrzsE.jpg

VrfVu7n.jpg

NrHl6ID.jpg

C10s Rexing V1 and A118-C

Spec Short List

Hardware
Chipset: Novatek 96650
CMOS: ARo330
GPS: External
Battery: 200 mAh
USB Plug: Mini

Firmware
Resolution: 1080P
G-Sensor: Low/Med/High/Off
Screen Off: 1 min, 3 min off.
Loop: 1/3/5 mins
WDR: On/Off
GPS: Off/On(Optional, Not Included)
Flip: Press Mic button while not recording.
Version: C10.20151221.001

File Properties

Audio Chanel: Mono
Audio Codec: MP4A
Audio Bitrate: 512kbps
Video Codec: AVC1
Video Container: MP4
Video Bitrate: 11870kbps (Roughly 11.8Mb)
Size: 95 Mb (Per 1 min file)

Product Page: GearBest
DCT Contact: @GearBest

Last edited:
Day Footage

Last edited:
Night Footage

Last edited:
Notes

This one is a little interesting. the lens can move left and right, up and down. The only down side I have found is that the buttons can be a little hard to hit depending on how it is placed since a few up them on on top of the camera. The way the head is set up though it allows the camera to be placed on the actual Dash and the image flipped with the mic button.

When I first looked at it I also thought that maybe GPS was built in since the lens was moved to the rotating head, and a new button extension was present, but GPS is still external on this model.

Last edited:
Interesting design like a semi remote lens.

Hi " CheckYourLights "

I guess you forgot the attachments ?

:(

No, those are placeholders for later.

Oh I see ... but when one clicks on a message with replies you are send to the newest reply which is usually far away from the beginning of the message :rolleyes:

Just learned something new :cool:

This model has been out for about 1.5y. To me it looked quite interesting "back then", however I think there is controversy / dilemma of stealth install and use of side rotating lens.
If mounted best possible stealth-way behind RVmirror the way it will blend in with mirror, then it is very difficult to aim to the side window in case we want to record lets say conversation with police, because RM mirror will be on the way of sight. If we want to record side windows view, then dashcam has to be mounted way below RVmirror, which makes it less stealthy. Must think either you want stealth install and sacrifice with side view, or vise versa. However I still think it has interesting design solution. I wish they could make capacitor version, however after 1.5y being out they still making it with battery.

Just learned something new
Yeah. I don't drive too often at night so it can take me a little bit of time to record night driving footage, but i make a post to keep everything together and come back later when I can.

This model has been out for about 1.5y. To me it looked quite interesting "back then", however I think there is controversy / dilemma of stealth install and use of side rotating lens.
If mounted best possible stealth-way behind RVmirror the way it will blend in with mirror, then it is very difficult to aim to the side window in case we want to record lets say conversation with police, because RM mirror will be on the way of sight. If we want to record side windows view, then dashcam has to be mounted way below RVmirror, which makes it less stealthy. Must think either you want stealth install and sacrifice with side view, or vise versa. However I still think it has interesting design solution. I wish they could make capacitor version, however after 1.5y being out they still making it with battery.

It's been out for about 1.5y? This is new to me. Yeah, capacitor version is more popular, especially in Summer.

It's been out for about 1.5y? This is new to me. Yeah, capacitor version is more popular, especially in Summer.

Yes, it's came out few month after B40

Do you have any pic which was taken after installing ?
I have it in the back of my Subaru at the moment.
I do happen to have this picture though.
iX6EeEB.jpg

A-118C, Rear Cam from SIV-M9, and C10s

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
old4570 Dash Cam Reviews 0
Back