TIME FOR A REPLACEMENT

JOCKEASY

Reaction score
Country
France
I've had trouble-free use of a Mini0801ever since 2013....fortunately, it has never seriously been " needed"
I now note that when switched on, the only life shown is the blue light which goes out after only a few seconds. Now I'm no techie, and WAY past the age for keeping abreast of the latest, but I WOULD like to uprate as easily as possible , and using the existing hard wired set-up , in order to keep life as easy as possible for this creaking set of bones.
Anybody got a view as to what I should buy....a straight plug-in replacement ...( an 0806 or similar sounds great and manageable to me) ...but I know their will be intellects better than mine out there who can keep this ' child-like' understanding from getting left behind still farther ?

Many new "mini" cameras since then, they even have a dual channel too with the mini 0906 pro ( IMX 291 in both cameras ) , but you will probably have to put in the power source coming with the new camera as your old one might not be strong enough for a new camera.
The best sensor over all at the moment are the Sony IMX 291 for 1080p cameras.

Blueskysea B1W would be an option, it has a micro USB power connector, especially if you want to keep the cost down.
Most of the alternatives are mini USB so would need the hardwire kit replaced, but some have much better image quality if you want to pay for it.

Blueskysea B1W would be an option, it has a micro USB power connector, especially if you want to keep the cost down.
Most of the alternatives are mini USB so would need the hardwire kit replaced, but some have much better image quality if you want to pay for it.

would depend if his 0801 has Mini or Micro USB power connector, could be either depending on when it was made

Back