Time frame per file not exceed 15mn

Madly

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello,

Recently bought a Viofo A119 v3 and very happy with it.
However, I'm wondering why my cam records only 15 minutes files.
Time loop recording is OFF.

I would like to record in 1 file more than 15mn.
How can I do ?

Thank you in advance for your answer :)

Attachments

• 279157723_10159720351958150_4595964945465170079_n.jpg
    279157723_10159720351958150_4595964945465170079_n.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 8
Turn loop recording back on, record 60 1 minute files, or 20 3 minute files, then join them all together in a video editor to create your 1 hour video. The end result will have zero gaps, it will be a perfect 1 hour video. You can record many hours in this way, until you run out of memory card space and it starts to overwrite the oldest video. If you don't use maximum bitrate then you can get a full 24 hours uninterrupted on a single memory card.

Hi Nigel,

Ok I see the mechanics, thank you.
So if "Time loop recording" is not enabled, by default It will record 15 by 15 minutes right ? Not possible to "hack" this and record a file of 1 hour.
Have a great day :)

So if "Time loop recording" is not enabled, by default It will record 15 by 15 minutes right ? Not possible to "hack" this and record a file of 1 hour.
There is a limit on the file size supported by the file system, so more than 15 minutes is not possible, but nobody ever uses dashcams with loop recording turned off anyway, it is not useful for anything unless you need the camera to stop when the card is full instead of when you turn it off.

Hello,

Recently bought a Viofo A119 v3 and very happy with it.
However, I'm wondering why my cam records only 15 minutes files.
Time loop recording is OFF.

I would like to record in 1 file more than 15mn.
How can I do ?

Thank you in advance for your answer :)

Consider this possibility.
If you could record for an hour and there is a "glitch" in the dashcam, it would lose the entire hour of recording when using the mp4 container.

I use to record in 15min blocks but have moved to 3 and 1 min.

I can do this because there is a program called dash cam viewer that shows all the files in one stream including the gps map.
It doesn't join them but helps to manage what files you might want to keep.

Here's a link to the software.

Edited my poor grammar.

Last edited:
Trying to use a dashcam as a movie camera is fraught with potential problems.

I've always run in 3 minute chunks.

Back