time gap in recording between video files

punchy dog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had the 0805 camera for a few weeks, and I think it's a great device, great video quality.

I had an event today where some idiot decided to drive out in front of me; I thought at least I have it on camera.. I checked the video files and found that there's a 30 second time gap between each recorded video clip.

So of course the 'incident' wasn't caught on video as it (of course) happened in the 30 second gap in video recording. bloody typical!

Is this a common trait, or possibly a result of the file resolution ? I don't have the very latest firmware, but I think it's one from late 2015.

I have the resolution set to the max resolution, and the file 'recycle' setting set to 1 minute.
I'm using a 16Gb class10 samsung TF card, and it appears to be overwriting files ok.

Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks in advance

thanks for the reply..

*EDIT* - Forgot to mention the firmware version : 20150625 V1.0

The settings I have on the camera are as follows;
- Resolution : 2550x1080 25P 21:9
- Quality : s.fine
- photo size : 4800x2700
- photo quality : s.fine
- AE mode : center
- ADAS Detect: Off (this is the lane departure system, right? )
- Flicker : Auto
- White balance : Auto
- EV : 0
- Recycle : 1 min
- Motion Detect - Middle
- Auto Power Off : Off
- Power Off Screen: Off
- G sensor : 3.5
- GPS - on
- speed units : off

Card was formatted from the onscreen menu, didn't format from the PC..
I did have the problem with the video files not overwriting, when using an 8Gb TF card, I assumed it was down to not being a class10 card, or possibly due to the G sensor being at 2.5 (I have a sports suspension on the car, which I thought might have been triggering the file protection - so I increased it to 3.5, and bought a 16Gb TF class 10 card and didn't notice a problem with the files recording, until yesterday when I discovered the time lag between video clips)

I've had the 0805 camera for a few weeks, and I think it's a great device, great video quality.

I had an event today where some idiot decided to drive out in front of me; I thought at least I have it on camera.. I checked the video files and found that there's a 30 second time gap between each recorded video clip.

So of course the 'incident' wasn't caught on video as it (of course) happened in the 30 second gap in video recording. bloody typical!

Is this a common trait, or possibly a result of the file resolution ? I don't have the very latest firmware, but I think it's one from late 2015.

I have the resolution set to the max resolution, and the file 'recycle' setting set to 1 minute.
I'm using a 16Gb class10 samsung TF card, and it appears to be overwriting files ok.

Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks in advance
1) update the newest firmware from this threat:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...le-20160317-version-both-card-versions.17977/
2) Turn off motion detection and try again.
3) If it still happens, try another kind of memory card. Lexar or PNY will be a good choice. :)

Back