Time lapse and recharging

L4ky

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi, i'm going to start my holiday in a few hours. I want to make a time lapse video of the entire travel ( 5 hours driving car ).
I have a question: can i recharge the yicamera while it is taking time lapse photos?

I have mine plugged in and charging while taking video, no problems

I wonder if Time Lapse Video is better / easier to manage than Time Lapse Photo mode?

when you have video, thats it.. you cant do anything with it.. almost anything.. and when you do pictures, you have many options and things you can do and play with it.. depends what you need and what you want to get..

True but with photos, at 0.5 secs / photo, it is eating up the 32GB card in about 2.5 hours. Can't get anymore without buying a larger card!

I've had issues trying to run power and record at the same time in real world test. When my camera is mounted to my bike and I use an external power bank the camera does not like it and stops recording and shuts off or stops charging. I don't believe the connection is solid enough to keep a 100% connection all the time as I start to ride the camera freaks out and shuts off. Now when I ride and stop for water I quickly plug the bank in and let the camera charge for 5 mins before taking off again.

Mealto.. dont use 0.5 sec.. use 1 or 5 sec

Joe.. wait.. your camera stops working because of shaking, or stops charging because of connector ?
just asking, because I am about to go test my camera on bike in few hours

Torka, its seems to be a connection issue between the power bank and camera. Let's say I hit a small bump the camera gets confused if the connection is lost for even a split second and will either shut off or stop charging. I don't know if this just my setup causing issues but if has not work the two times I've tried. What I've tried too use was a Anker 2nd Genaetion Astro Mini 3350mAh bank. Maybe a different power bank or a more secure USB wire will work better but I've failed twice now trying to achieve power while recording on my bike.

hmmm.. might be connection... I am still waiting on my powerbank, but I didnt think something like that would happen.. I guess ill have to take few usb cables to be sure and test it , when I get it

Torka, I'm running the beta firmware 1.3.0 and android app alpha 1.11. They added some cool new time lapse features that allow you to control how long a time lapse shoots for as well tweaked the UI inside the app.

Here is one my 360' time lapses.

nice nice.. well.. I dont know about beta firmware, never looked for any.. and for app.. i have old 3gs iphone, so I had to download some old version of software, since new one is not supported by iso6
and using software on my tablet, but its windows tablet so I use C&C

Tokra, for rain clouds, nothing beats 0.5 secs to make them silky smooth!

Back