Time Lapse

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A118, X8L, GoPro Hero2
A 2 hours drive to my country house time lapsed into a 6 minutes video.
Taken with a GoPro in time lapse mode, photo taken every 3 seconds. Assembled in Premiere-Pro.

Hectic, but nice :)
Is it possible to ajust how many milliseconds each frame is displayed ? was wondering if a longer time would make it seem less hectic.

kamkar1 ... Yup. I can adjust all parameters, but a longer display time = longer video. I was trying to keep the video under 5-6 minutes. I also tried less frames (a pic every 10 seconds) but that becomes too disjointed. This video is a pic every 3 seconds, next time I think I'll try a pic every 5 seconds.

what's the fastest the gopro you used can take photos in time lapse mode? perhaps speeding it up and showing each frame for less time during the video would provide smoother results?

Gibson99 ... I'm not entirely sure what the GoPro can do with higher shot rates, I'll have to try it. I did try to speed up the footage above (same number of shots, but displayed in 4 minutes instead of 6 minutes) and I wasn't too fond of the result... it kind of looked like one of those "Benny Hill Show" sped up scenes :)

Back