Time needed to save last file

$19.95

Reaction score
Country
United States
How much time does the K2 need to safely save the current video after the ignition is turned off?

I do not want to connect the unit directly to the battery, mostly because I don’t want any devices draining th battery. I prefer to power accessories through a Hex EZCan on my R1200GS.

The EZCan has a feature where this accessory power can remain on for a period of time after the ignition is turned off. What I want to do is wire the K2 black and red to the EZCan, and the yellow wire to a switched source on the bike. That way, when the K2 senses the ignition is off, it can safely write the last file before it’s power is cut.

So, how much time does the K2 require to safely shut down after the switched power line stops receiving power?

The battery wire for the 3-wire power supply is required to safely close the last file being recorded. I've asked @RockThinking (the factory) to take a look at this thread and comment further.

The battery wire for the 3-wire power supply is required to safely close the last file being recorded. I've asked @RockThinking (the factory) to take a look at this thread and comment further.

I found, through trial and error, that the K2 shuts down roughly 22 seconds after the signal wire reads 0V.

So ? are the capacitors on the hardwire kit of the K2 since one wire are live for 22 seconds after key off.
Im thinking that since some cameras also have a shut down delay, so maybe the HW kit keep power on for the 22 seconds as 20 seconds are the slowest shut down delay you can choose in the camera.

Back