Time Travel

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems my new 9663 likes to time travel back to the new year - very frequently.
It won't seem to keep the time/date I have set 9/10 times.

It is hardwired connection using the Street Guardian power supply for the 9663 (dual connection) that receives 12v power only when I start the car (I dont use parking mode).

I saw another thread where another poster had this issue. Any ideas?

Last edited:
That sound like a RTC battery issue, a company rep will be with you to resolve this, sadly none of the guys around at the moment.

It's an early morning for USA rep. He will be in touch soon.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Just had my thinking cap on ( i need all the help i can get ) :)
Is it possible you have not set the correct time zone in the Menu ?
If you use the GPS antenna that should set the time for you automatic so all you should do is to enter the correct time zone +/- any daylight savings you might have going, so even if your RTC battery are wonky then files recorded should get the right time/date name maybe bar the first file.

We Danes are +1 time zone from our place on the map / +2 in the summer time / daylight savings going.

I think the camera default to GMT / 0 hour time zone, so you are probably in - 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 time zone ( -9 if you are in Alaska and -4 if you are on the far east tip of the states )

Last edited:
Hi kamkar.

Yes it's UTC -7 here. Still looses it almost always after a few hours.

Okay you use the GPS antenna too ? if you do that should set the time automatic when it get a GPS fix and time from the satellites.

Anyways Jon out in Nevada will be online and take good care of you.

Yes I use it but it's still writing files with the 01-01-18 date to the SD card until it gets a fix, so that's annoying.

It is a rare thing, also i have seen 1 guy in here having a wonky GPS antenna, and i myself also had one of those on a sample i was sent for testing.
Just what happen some times, but you are in bed with the right brand here so no problems at all, just the inconvenience.

If it's a coin cell I can crack the case open and replace it...then again don't want to void warranty.

you probably just need to replace the front unit, Jon will probably have one in the mail for you before the day are out, and if you are -7 you might have the new unit within a day i recon.

I think its something like that, but better let the guys do that and get a replacement unit.
At least it do record so you will just have to live with the timezone mess for a day or 2, then you should be in the clear again.

My DC often sit for 2 - 3 days and the RTC battery in mine handle that just fine

Not sure how Jon do it, i could imagine he send a new unit + a return shipping label, so all you had to do is switch the 2 units and put the label on the parcel so the old unit can go back and be refurbished by Jon.
So a little inconvenience,,,, at least compared to what you could run into with another brand.

Back