Timed photo shooting with Git2?

Roar Sæthre

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi!
I'm looking for an action cam that can be set up to shoot photos every x seconds while mounted on my quadcopter. Unfortunately my EEcplorer Pro can not do this. I know some quadcopter users use the Git2...

(Would be nice if Elephone could fix it in firmware, but I cant access the forum , and can't get a new account cause my email's already been used.....)
Git2 is not a 4K cam, I believe, but thats not an issue for photos....

On the Git2 you can have 16MP raw photos every 5 seconds or more if you wish, jpg photos can be a bit faster, you can also have a video with frames every x seconds.

I can't see you getting Ele to make a firmware change even if you could get to their forum!

Seems I have to consider changing cam....I'll wait a bit and see what the new SJ series and YI can do, although the YI is closer to the new Hero5.... Flooded my Hero3 a year ago..
Thanks for answering, now I know the Git2 will be among my choices!

Seems I have to consider changing cam....I'll wait a bit and see what the new SJ series and YI can do, although the YI is closer to the new Hero5.... Flooded my Hero3 a year ago..
Thanks for answering, now I know the Git2 will be among my choices!
If you are taking photos from a quadcopter, there will be a new version of the Git2 with 4.1mm (~90 degrees) very low distortion aspheric lens (no fisheye) available soon. There may also be a Git3 if you are waiting months rather than weeks.

The previous SJ cameras have allowed you to take timelapse photos, but you don't get to use manual exposure controls etc at the same time - so check carefully that they really do what you want before choosing an SJ.

I've not tried a Yi, the Hero 5 seems to be very wide angle and like the Yi the fisheye correction doesn't work at 4K, gyro stabilisation doesn't either, so they both seem a bit expensive considering that they haven't mastered 4K 60fps yet.

Git2 is better image quality than a Hero3.

Reactions: Mtz
Thanks for good advice! I will also be using the cam for diving, so I'm not sure I'll go for the 4,1 lens, as it does not seem to fit in the housing... But I'm not in a hurry, so I can wait for a Git3....:)

Hi!
I'm looking for an action cam that can be set up to shoot photos every x seconds while mounted on my quadcopter. Unfortunately my EEcplorer Pro can not do this. I know some quadcopter users use the Git2...

(Would be nice if Elephone could fix it in firmware, but I cant access the forum , and can't get a new account cause my email's already been used.....)
Git2 is not a 4K cam, I believe, but thats not an issue for photos....
It is hard for me to believe the ELE cam does not support taking photo every x seconds, I saw most of camera support this now, it is easy for them to support this via firmware.
Besides the taking photo, a nice feature on Git2 is that support remote shutter, so you can switch between photo and video mode while flying.

Late reply,sorry...
There are no choices in the menu on the EEPro for timed photos.. But, read that the firmware for SJ5000x may work, as they have the same CPU's/chips(Novatek and Sony).
Anyone tried? The SJ5000 takes timed photos.... And about Git2, nice to know that it supports remote shutter, but the TX on my Quad does not have enough channels for this..
I may wait for the Git3. My former drowned Hero3 now seems to work, except that it draws current when switched off...still works for one hour.

Back