Timelapse + motion detection and getting into the menu

akebono

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119
Hi everyone.

I don't know if I'm just doing something silly here but I have a real hard time disabling and enabling timelapse mode on my A119 (runs from a powerbank when parked) with motion detection on.

It seems to get into the menu, the camera must not be recording. If I stop the recording by pressing the "Rec" button, it almost immediately starts recording again as the motion detection kicks in from other cars and pedestrians where I live. This stops me getting into the menu to turn timelapse on and off when I leave the car parked / return and drive.

Don't know if there's an easier way but it's frustrating (and I end up with a load of photos). Anyone else suffer from this issue?

you may cover the lens wth something dark while trying to get into settings so that motion doesn't activate recording.

We are improving parking mode feature, no need to disable/enable time-lapse in new firmware.

you may cover the lens wth something dark while trying to get into settings so that motion doesn't activate recording.
Tried with my sleeve but even with motion detection off, it's difficult to get into the menu still. I've taken to powering it off completely and back on again to get into the menu.

We are improving parking mode feature, no need to disable/enable time-lapse in new firmware.
I'm pleased to read that!

Back