Tioetech GT 300W Real world video

the boss

Reaction score
Country
United States
Long time reader and new poster here.
I finally got the camera mentioned above and I have provided some real world videos for you to watch. As expected, it's not nearly as good as those mock vids from China. Anyhow, one is from daytime and one is when the sun is setting in LA.
Use links below. (I couldent provide the vids in RAW format, so just set youtube to 1080p). More vids will be uploaded to that channel.

daytime:

sunset-ish:

Last edited by a moderator:
the boss said:
I finally got the camera mentioned above and I have provided some real world videos for you to watch. As expected, it's not nearly as good as those mock vids from China. Anyhow, one is from daytime and one is when the sun is setting in LA.

Thanks for the videos. Wow! The start of the sunset videos make it seem like it's pitch dark and then you make the turn and there's still a lot of light! Seems like a problem with the camera's exposure...

the boss said:

It might help in this night video if you tilt camera a slightly more down, now it seems that there is 60% sky and 40 ground and that's why camera use too much skylight to adjust lightning.
Try 50/50 at least, if you don't expect any airplanes maybe show some more ground even ;)

I agree there should be a lot less sky. I use around 30% on most cameras and it's usually better than that.
I always have part of the dash showing, not just the tip of the hood, however a lot of sky is great for potential meteorite shots :lol:

Gurkha9 said:
I agree there should be a lot less sky. I use around 30% on most cameras and it's usually better than that.
I always have part of the dash showing, not just the tip of the hood, however a lot of sky is great for potential meteorite shots :lol:

Hi everyone. I'm still experimenting on how to have the dash at a good angle, I guess that's why you saw some sky there. Also, its boring to see the entire hood of a Crown Vic :s

dashingthrusnow said:
the boss said:

Thanks for the videos. Wow! The start of the sunset videos make it seem like it's pitch dark and then you make the turn and there's still a lot of light! Seems like a problem with the camera's exposure...

I don't think its any problems with the exposure. The sun was low, camera aimed a bit high. If you look at the daytime vid where I go in and out of shade the cam reacts pretty fast.

Same thought here.
I thing it can be related to AWB ( auto white balance ). Do you have gt300w with AWB? Is it set manually or to Auto ? Please check.
If you have an older firmware without AWB, upgrade it to a newer version which you may find from gt300w thread.

niko said:
Same thought here.
I thing it can be related to AWB ( auto white balance ). Do you have gt300w with AWB? Is it set manually or to Auto ? Please check.
If you have an older firmware without AWB, upgrade it to a newer version which you may find from gt300w thread.

I think I have the latest firmware. It's a bit difficult to check because my battery is bust and lasts about 2 seconds.
AWB is set to auto.

Mine is great :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375992130.122410.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375992130.122410.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 343
the boss said:
niko said:
Same thought here.

I think I have the latest firmware. It's a bit difficult to check because my battery is bust and lasts about 2 seconds.
AWB is set to auto.

going stay whit bad battery

why dont do a rma ?

my video, morning with fog

tbkonwso1 said:

Is that a still or screen grab from actual video? My quality doesent seem to be as good. (vids coming up soon).

Video during night with lots of lights.
Video with mostly all darkness.

As you can see, the one in complete darkness is quite bad compared to those Chinese mock vids, they are probably filmed with a nice camcorder, not a dashcam.
Would love to see somebody else's night video too for comparison.

Anyway, how should I contact Foxoffer about the dead battery? mail, skype?

the boss said:

As you can see, the one in complete darkness is quite bad compared to those Chinese mock vids, they are probably filmed with a nice camcorder, not a dashcam.

YouTube is not the best place to judge video quality due to compression. Best if you upload RAE video files.

I have uploaded tons of raw videos of LS300W.
You may download and compare them to yours. Look at this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1693

the boss said:

skype is quicker when they are online
email take little more.

Tried to do a 720p 60 fps film earlier today. Good grief, horrible quality. Also, now my battery is working. Not more than about 20 mins or so but enough to play around with the settings.

the boss said:
Tried to do a 720p 60 fps film earlier today. Good grief, horrible quality.

they don't do 60fps, it's just a software hack, not sure why they think fake 60fps is desirable anyway

the boss said:
tbkonwso1 said:

Is that a still or screen grab from actual video? My quality doesent seem to be as good. (vids coming up soon).

my screen cap is of my video in raw format (not youtube compressed)

i checked your video and it looks fine.

however your video quality suffers because the below reasons.

1:your are in a very dark road (with no light no matter how good the camera is your dashcam will not capture it)
2:how you mount your dashcam also affect the amount of light the wdr used to adjust. (the closer to the wind shield the better)
3:your car headlight output is very dimmed and appeared to be aimed incorrectly. (Hid kit with proper retrofitted lenses or better car light output would help)
4:in the USA most city lights are yellow, in asia its white. therefore the quality of video here will suffer as wdr can not use all the light to adjust correctly. (you see how in my starbucks picture the light is white? then all the sudden the picture brightens up and everything gets light up really nice? same example)

i hope that was helpful..

i've sold many dashcam units to my customers and most of them are impressed with the gt300w only with few hiccups here and there which i replaced for them.

From youtube video samples I can also say that there is nothing wrong.
I agree with tbkonwso1 regarding street light. Here in Ireland majority streets have also soft yellow lights and this give different video recording effect than you can see in other coutries where street light are bright white.
After 5 month testing and comparing side by side with many other dash cameras I must say TIoTech GT300W or LS300W still are in the top choice of dash cameras within approx 120usd +/- range and had not yet any glitches.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Belial88 GT300W 21
B GT300W 0
old GT300W 0
J GT300W 11
I GT300W 4
Back