TMP Files in EVENT directory? Safe to delete?

Rabidcat77

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackSys CF-100
Hi, new to the forum, I just bought a CF-100 camera for my wife's car and am in the process of setting it up. It looks like it already has the latest version of firmware on it (1.3). I did a format of the SD Card in the camera. I did a couple quick tests of turning it on and twiddling a few of the config settings to my liking. So far so good! I was able to get it for $80 off of amazon (The GPS receiver came with it as well, which was a nice bonus for the price!), however right after I bought it they appear to be out of stock at that price which is a bummer as I wanted to get one for myself as well, but was playing it safe to test it out first before committing myself to having a pair of these things. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the price comes down again.

On to my question - while looking at the SD card in windows explorer I noticed that in the EVENT directory there are a 50 TMP (temp?) files that are about 60 megs each that add up to about 2.8 gigs worth of space!

temp files cf100.PNG

I'm just using the default 16GB card for now, I figure I will upgrade it later when I find a good deal. Is it OK to delete these? I wasn't sure if the camera would want to see these for whatever reason and would freak out if they weren't there.

Thanks!

If you delete them the camera will just recreate them the next time it's on. The .TMP files are there to insure there's space for the event files when they're created. (...and yes, it is a waste of space but nothing you can do about it.)

If you delete them the camera will just recreate them the next time it's on. The .TMP files are there to insure there's space for the event files when they're created. (...and yes, it is a waste of space but nothing you can do about it.)

Ah OK, I suppose that makes sense. I guess I'll just leave them there then. Time for a bigger SD card! :) Thank you for the superfast reply!!!!

PS - Bertrand Russell is the man! I love this video of him, amongst others:

LOL - yeah I saw that thread AFTER I stated my question. I think I had read about every thread on here except that one. What are the odds? Thanks... I do like this dashcam, it's my first one. Took a little getting used to specifying the setup parameters via the software via removing/adding the SD card, but once you get used to that it's no big deal. I can't get over the low price and getting a front/rear cam, along with the good build qualuty - it doesn't feel cheap - yeah there are more capable ones out there but they are 2-3x+ the price!

Yup and once you have it how you want it, you only need to pull the card once in a while to get files off it and make sure the card is still good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kip BlackSys / Cammsys 8
Back