To recorder 24h on 24

hunte88

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi, with this model of dashcamera is possible recording to continuos 24h on 24 ?
Thanks a lot for the answers

Most dashcams can record forever if you like, in general they start recording as soon as they get power and stop when you cut power, so in regard to footage saved it is only the size of the memory card that have a say in how many hours of footage you have saved, and if you are in a car how long your car battery will last ( you should not go under 12.2 volts on a car battery, at least not often )

BUT ! you can not do this in a car parked in the sun, the car get very hot and that + the temperature of the camera mean it will shut down due to high temperatures soon.

yes it is true that the sun can do damage but the dashcam would not be in the sun 24 hours a day, only 12 hours a day.
I hope this will last me longer than the thinkware F800 pro (lasting two and a half years)

I live where summers get quite hot and I always have a cam running doing normal recording 24/7. So far I've not had a problem doing this with good quality cams :) But I'm running 1080P cams, which don't generate nearly as much heat as the A129 Duo does, my cams are back from the windshield under the shade of the roof, and my cams have no built-in 'overtemp shutdown' (nor do I want a cam that does this :mad: ).

Running a dashcam constantly is very tough on them and I would not complain if I got 2 1/2 years from one I use like this. I don't have the A129 Duo so I can't say for sure what you'd get from it, but I wouldn't recommend it for this purpose even though it is a good dashcam under normal use.

It's an "oldie" but the most heat-tolerant and robust dashcam ever made is the original Mobius, which still does a decent job daytime but rather poorly at night (by today's standards). They're still made and aren't expensive; a pair of them would be my recommendation if you can live with the old sensor's limitations. If you want something better Street Guardian is noted for heat-tolerance and being robust too and their new dual-remote model would probably do this well. Just know that doing this with any dashcam voids it's warranty, so like me you'll have to take that risk on your own ;)

Phil

Hi, thanks for the news.
Speaking of Street Guardian, which model do you recommend?
Bear in mind that I come from the Thinkware F800 PRO which has failed due to the sun.
Thanks Phil

Speaking of Street Guardian, which model do you recommend?
I've been using multiple SG cameras since the original SG9665GC Ver 1 was initially released and have never had a failure due to sun/heat. I don't use cameras for 24 hour recording but they regularly sit in direct sunlight for 6 to 8 hours straight, and often longer, and would always record normally when started even when outside temperatures are 100°F. Based on my experience I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the brand. But keep in mind no dashcam is designed to operate 24 hours in those conditions, and my experience might be an anomaly (although I don't think that's the case). As to which specific camera, you need to decide on the features and form factor you want and see what comes closest to that.

Last edited:
HI, i discover that in my country (italy) the street guardian not exists for to buy.
On the street guardian website there is no Italy as a shipping address

Back