To the Mobius Maxi developer - Maxi has problem with interior light metering. Please fix it in the next 2.12 firmware

MavenDE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Interior metering:

I noticed that when I record with Mobius Maxi in interior area with windows, no matter what setting I set - spot, multi spot, center weight, the window totally steals the light metering and the foreground
is DARK. This must really be fixed. It is software problem of this firmware.

I guess it is a problem with light metering and shutter speed selection.
To fix this problem, maxi should divide its sensor area into blocks/sectors (multi spot?) and ignore very strong light sources from the majority of viewfinder, in light metering algorithm.

Outside:

The grain is too strong. why? Mobius 1 has no such problem. Here, with 2-3 times more bitrate the grain should be reduced almost to zero.

Please ask programmers to look into thess problems. It really needs to be fixed for yesterday, not in 6 months or 1 year. Please do something.

Last edited:
Can you share some short video samples (original videos directly from the camera) and the settings you are using? Thanks.

Hi

Interior metering:

I noticed that when I record with Mobius Maxi in interior area with windows, no matter what setting I set - spot, multi spot, center weight, the window totally steals the light metering and the foreground
is DARK. This must really be fixed. It is software problem of this firmware.

I guess it is a problem with light metering and shutter speed selection.
To fix this problem, maxi should divide its sensor area into blocks/sectors (multi spot?) and ignore very strong light sources from the majority of viewfinder, in light metering algorithm.

I thought there was a Auto Exposure lock feature for this in the Maxi? Page 13 of the use manual has instructions on how to use it:

Not sure if that will fix your problem or not.

Back