Today is 9/17, B1W shows it hasn't recorded since 9/14

Dashcamuser567

Reaction score
Country
United States
Went back to my car and notice a small scratch coming from a white car. No big deal, my car is really old and I don't mind if there are small scratches or whatever since idiots in this parking garage can't park if their own lives depended on it. I just wanted to check the the footage of my B1W to see what color the car next to me was. I turn on my car and wait for the camera to boot and hear the "SD card detected recording start" then I connect into the camera and see that the last video I had was from 9/14 which was Friday night. I was pretty annoyed and disappointed since I don't drive a whole lot and only had the cam since April or May and check the camera usually every other week to make sure it records and the footage is good.

I reapplied the settings and then formatted the card and drive home. I got home and it looks like it recorded the drive home.

It may have been a glitch I am not sure but it was annoying. Luckily this didn't happen during a time I needed the footage or this cam would've gone straight to the trash.

For reference I am using the latest firmware as of this posting and I use the Sandisk High Endurance card meant for dash cams. I will keep monitoring the cam to make sure it isn't broke.

For reference I am using the latest firmware as of this posting and I use the Sandisk High Endurance card meant for dash cams
Could you tell me its firmware version on your camera? It should sound beep if it detects failed card for 20180528s firmware!

Could you tell me its firmware version on your camera? It should sound beep if it detects failed card for 20180528s firmware!

I have firmware 1.06.180528s that I updated about a month ago

So the problem is that it cannot do loop recording when card full, right?

So the problem is that it cannot do loop recording when card full, right?

I am not exactly sure what the problem is. It just didn't record after 9/14. No error or beeping. It said "sd card detected recording start" but nothing got recorded until after I formatted the card

Ok, I have a camera on my desk and will give it a try to re-act this problem myself! And will have a follow up on it!

Not sure if firmware updates addressed this, but my first generation firmware B1W stopped recording on me twice when the "Locked files" reached an apparent limit in the memory. Deleting those put everything back to right until it happened again. I knew something was amiss when the recording light went from blinking to solid, so the cam did let me know there was a problem. Could have been an audio alert, but with my rotten hearing and the B1W in the rear I wouldn't have noticed that when driving.

Very few reports of major problems with the B1W, and the FW updates have been frequent, with more new features added than I ever expected. I'm sure estore009 will get this sorted out for you.

Phil

Not sure if firmware updates addressed this, but my first generation firmware B1W stopped recording on me twice when the "Locked files" reached an apparent limit in the memory. Deleting those put everything back to right until it happened again. I knew something was amiss when the recording light went from blinking to solid, so the cam did let me know there was a problem. Could have been an audio alert, but with my rotten hearing and the B1W in the rear I wouldn't have noticed that when driving.

Very few reports of major problems with the B1W, and the FW updates have been frequent, with more new features added than I ever expected. I'm sure estore009 will get this sorted out for you.

Phil

I think this may be it! There is a bumpy road near me and I always get the "file locked" voice prompt maybe every other day or so. I think the emergency partition got filled up and then it just stopped recording.

Still weird how it still said "power on recording start" and how there wasnt any voice prompt saying the emergency partition was full or anything. But I am hoping this is the issue as it can be fixed in an update.

Thanks for your response!

I think this may be it! There is a bumpy road near me and I always get the "file locked" voice prompt maybe every other day or so. I think the emergency partition got filled up and then it just stopped recording.

Still weird how it still said "power on recording start" and how there wasnt any voice prompt saying the emergency partition was full or anything. But I am hoping this is the issue as it can be fixed in an update.

Thanks for your response!
Thanks for your details, it is very useful to re-act this problem!

Perhaps Vicky @estore009 can look into this and let us know what that partition is set at. I'm not sure what would be the proper approach with this except that as long as normal recording space exists the cam should NOT stop recording. I think having a partition for this is a good idea as otherwise a card could fill with locked files and not record at all. More than a few people have been caught out by that problem using other cams. And this might have already been addressed in newer firmware or it might be a fault in my very early cam only. But if the B1W does stop normal recording when the locked file partition limit is met, then that need to be corrected.

And us owners need to remember to check the cards and delete unused locked files regularly- that's normal maintenance with any dashcam.
Phil

I agree completely. I assumed there would be a beeping or some notice. But now I know to format/delete videos weekly to make sure everything runs well.

I had just placed a post about my problem very similar to this one.

App version: 1.7.9
DVR Version: v1.06.180614s

Everyday i get some Files Locked due to closing my sunshare over my head so I think the Secure partition were Full. I solved it formatting from the App and everything started to work again, But I was hearing everyday "SD Card Detected, Recording start", and the LED was blinking, but no file were recorded.

Please, check it, or warn with a voice or beep or whatever you want, but I think it is a very important problem to hear that your dashcam is working and it is really doing nothing :(

Seems @estore009 hasn't replied to this thread after over 2 weeks since the first post :(

Hey Vicky! What is going on here? Why does normal recording stop just because the Locked Files partition is full? Can you get this resolved?

And until they do fix it, it might be best to set your G-Sensor to "Low" or "Off", or to delete your locked files every 7-10 days. Or you can format the card every 7-10 days. It should be fixable via firmware if they will do that.

Phil

What is going on here? Why does normal recording stop just because the Locked Files partition is full? Can you get this resolved?
As I said before, I keep on testing this camera for a long time on my desktop from 25th/Sept, and I manually lock a few video clips each day, or to trigger G-sensor by clicking camera unit to lock files. According to my desktop test experience, its loop recording works, and cannot find this problem yet!

64GB Card.jpg
10-9-13-25.jpg
10-9-13-41-10.jpg
10-10-14-11.jpg

It is a 64Gb card, and its DCIM file folder has 819 files (407x JPG & 407x MP4 file and one system file), it can keep the loop recording even if its memory card was full!

g-9-25.jpg
g-9-26.jpg
g-9-27.jpg
g-9-29-30.jpg
g-9-30-10-1.jpg
g-10-2-4.jpg

Plus:
g-10-6-10.jpg
g-10-11.jpg
Its Event file folder has 438 files, from 25th/Sept to 11th/Oct, and its loop recording works also!

@Dashcamuser567 If you can send me back your camera for further inspection, it will be really appreciated by us! Thanks for your attention!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y B1W 3
Back