Too many events locked during normal driving

chris-s

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S-2CH, DR750X-2CH, A129-DUO, many others...
Hi all,

For my first premium dashcam, I've chosen the 750S-2CH, despite of all warnings from differents users about it.

My main issue is that I have too many events locked during normal driving, as the sensitivity is set to minimum value "1".
Espescially up/down sensor and front/back sensor.

Is my dashcam faulty ?
Do you have same issues ?

Last edited:
no faulty as such just unable to use a setting where it dont happen, if you only have some options to choose from you better turn it off, or you can enter custom values maybe ( was possible to do with my lukas dashcam using the lukas viewer )
Mybe the blackvue player have the same options ?

Personally i feel G-sensor use while driving are silly, even if you have a major crash and get knocked out, then the car might shut itself off, or people / rescures will do that when they arrive as a crasshed car still on are a hazard to rescue work.
And you will have to drive over a mountainside if you are to crash and it not being detected before your memory card start to delete crash video files.
offcourse if you nly have a 16 Gb card overwrite will happen fast, but with any normal sized memory card it will be many hours.

As I understand it from having had 5 different BV's the files are deleted in this order. Ordinary by oldest till finished then events In over 4 years have only ever had 2 instances to need to look at recorded footage so I just let it roll along.

That was not my question

The sensitivity settings on the 650's are ridiculous to the point they are useless, I doubt that the 750's are any better. I keep mine on the minimum.. just so I get the occasional beep to let me know the system is still working (at least the alarm part is..). One a month or so.. I re format the SD.. which is probably a good thing to do on occasion anyway.

Problem with setting sensitivity on 1 instead of 0 is that if you use the blackvue app - you will continuously get warnings of nearby motion to the point it gets ridiculous.

I don't complain about motion detection.
But about G sensor sensitivity.

Here is an example of a today footage :

Why dont you just turn the beeper off Problem solved Dosent need to be on it still records them. Had my first camera with all the bells an whistles going Was worse than the wife beating in my ear Soon as I got home i turned everything off , voice warnings, all the flashing lights, the lot Only have power on power off.
Silence is golden

The problem is not the beep but locked files by event.
Maximum number is 50, if I get false events it's an issue.

I have turned my up and down sensor to OFF and will see if that makes any difference because looking in Advanced settings that is the one that is all over the place It does seem tha BV stuff things up more each camera they bring out On the older ones there were more settings like % or time which arent in the newer ones sadly

I'm not using the 750 but though the 650S. The sensitivity of the current firmware v1.009 is bogus for me. I reverted back to 1.008 and turned up my parking sensitivity to 85 on all axis.

No events have occured while parked, unless something actually happened to the car.
Try resetting your sensitivity to the range of 80-90 and check in a day or so wether or not it did some changes to the problem.

I've got no problem with parking mode but with normal mode.

Turn the settings right down then If you have a prang it will register regardless of settings Its the visuals that matter rather than the warnings If you are worried about losing them use a 128gb card as that will record for days without losing anything. Or carry a spare card in the car if you are so worried about it.

Hello,
FYI, the firmware 1.003 should reduce the G-sensor sensitivity in Normal mode.
If the Events are still being triggered too often, you should contact Customer Support at cs@pittasoft.com (mention the serial number as well). Thank you.

The 1.003 new firmware has not reduced any sensitivity in normal mode.
This is not in the "What's new" list.
Where did you get this information from ?

The 1.003 new firmware has not reduced any sensitivity in normal mode.
This is not in the "What's new" list.
Where did you get this information from ?
Hi, I work at BlackVue's HQ in South Korea. I know this was not in the release notes but I got it from the developers that this firmware slightly decreased the sensitivity in Normal mode. If it has not reduced the number of Events triggered in Normal mode, I recommend you contact Support. Thank you.

OK thanks, I've sent an email to support as suggested.

For everyone's info - I contacted support here in Australia for the same issue and they suggest I must be driving like a maniac, taking corners at speed, driving at speed over speed bumps and potholes. I've assured them as a little old lady, I drive like one and do none of these things. Will simply persist and pull the SD card when anything happens. Was hoping for more for over $600 worth of kit (including the Magic Pro).

Post a video on YouTube with false impact detection (activate the beep).
I will do the same.
If many users do this, they will probably take a consideration of this case ;)

Well i went for a drive today and with the sensitivities all set on 2 I got only 3 Event recordings in 2 hours of driving around Maroochydore and down to Kawana on the Sunshine coast highway. I have reset them to 1 to see what happens. Will also turn the beeps on.
Either you have bad suspension or maybe dont dodge bumps or whatever because I didnt even get any going into parking areas over driveway entrances Is the camera securely fixed to the screen and not bouncing around. Saw one little old lady come out of the Kawana parking building and go over one of the raised portions of the road and nearly went airborne so not all old ladies drive like one LOL

You are aware are you that you can turn OFF locking event files at the bottom of the first page of the settings and iff you have it ON there is another line to allow you to overwrite them after all ordinary files have been done.

Back